1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

When is google going to fix their back links?

I am confused to why google is so wish washy with their backlinks showing up and have they made a statement about it getting fixed?
  3. My first avatar here
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by alex harris
    I am confused to why google is so wish washy with their backlinks showing up and have they made a statement about it getting fixed?
    This is not a issue in google, is just that they update when they want.....
    I am a content scrapper. If you need to obtain and process big data, pm me.
    I have a multi-threaded spider that runs on several ec2 instances.
    I have been crawling twitter, and other big guys for a while. Outputs: SQL, XML, CSV, MYSQL, TXT
  5. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

I do'nt think there's anything broke to fix, they do what they please.
  7. Moderator
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

There is absolutely nothing wrong with googles backlinks. If you got links from sites that don't have good quality themselves and are totaly unrelated don't expect to see them appear in the google backlinks. Sometimes such links do but google cleans them out pretty well and remember google doesn't list every last link that is counted towards your site. I believe some place Matt Cutts said something about why this is.
    -DONíT BUY Keyword Elite V2 till you read this review- Please Digg!
    -SeoChat SEO FAQ - Read the FAQ. It may answer your question.
    -Ultimate Guide to Link Building - What you always wanted to know!
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Visio
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with googles backlinks. If you got links from sites that don't have good quality themselves and are totaly unrelated don't expect to see them appear in the google backlinks. Sometimes such links do but google cleans them out pretty well and remember google doesn't list every last link that is counted towards your site. I believe some place Matt Cutts said something about why this is.
    No, Google does not only show quality links... it simply shows a sample. My main site is indexed by both Yahoo Directory and dmoz and neither one of them show in Google's BLs though they use to back when Google use to show all.

I find it difficult to believe that Google thinks dmoz and Y! Directory are not important and yet some silly little free directory is.

raz
    #include <Cognac.h> -The only code I know How to Write!
  11. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Can any of you fix my backside... I think it is broken... ah, maybe they are called backlinks... in any case, can you fix them?
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    Can any of you fix my backside... I think it is broken......
    I'll pass, if you don't mind.

raz
  15. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by raz
    No, Google does not only show quality links... it simply shows a sample. My main site is indexed by both Yahoo Directory and dmoz and neither one of them show in Google's BLs though they use to back when Google use to show all.

I find it difficult to believe that Google thinks dmoz and Y! Directory are not important and yet some silly little free directory is.

raz
    That's the answer... in fact it was a blackhatter that made Google wise up... when you show all backlinks or have a quality control level to backlinks - it allow people with reverse engineering abilities to better appreciate what Google does not want you to appreciate.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by raz

raz
    I think ur link which r u getting from google directory and dmoz are new (recently added), so google is not counting those links in backlinks. When ur link would be old then both links would be conted as backlinks. The age of a link is matter here.
  19. My first avatar here
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Originally Posted by raz
    No, Google does not only show quality links...
    raz
    umm... just learn something... but quality ones got more chance to be on that list rigth? i know in this case pagerank helps getting your backlink count as one, but i dont know if that affect your backlink listings... what do you think?
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

BLs taking forever fo me as well

I have Backlinks which are both over 1 year old, are form LARGE traffic sites, anchor text is good and yet when i do a backlink search in Google or use a tool for it, it simply states that I may have only 1 or 2 backlinks....and my BL rating sucks

HOWEVER

When i look at my server logs, this tells me the truth. I have about 35 BLs all together, 5 of which are from large .coms.

any advice here?
  23. Contributing User

Originally Posted by spjain81
    I think ur link which r u getting from google directory and dmoz are new (recently added), so google is not counting those links in backlinks. When ur link would be old then both links would be conted as backlinks. The age of a link is matter here.
    Been there since 1999, Like I said in the post, Google use to show them when they showed all the links. Then they disappeared with updates... Links are of course actually there.

raz

Comments on this post

• flat4 agrees
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

As was said by Raz. Google shows a random sample that has nothing to do with quality and has done for a very long time now.

As was also said, it isn't 'broken'. To say it needs fixing suggests that it isn't working properly and at the moment it works exactly how Google intends it too i.e. only showing a random sample.

Comments on this post

• SEO_AM agrees : This is the truth. Can it end here?
    • flat4 agrees : Lol..lol.. SEO_AM right on I dunno how many of these post I have read through now..lol.
  27. No Profile Picture

Yes makes no sense

I just dont get it I understand SEO but nothing is proven. I hear get backlinks. So I do, I have like 135 but nothing shows up on google. I know they arent all low rating..I mean something has to show up right. Of all the stuff I do I dont get ranked. I just dont get it.....I have keywords in content, I have bold and heading keywords, I have the main keyword in my url, I have backlinks, I have meta tags for whats that worth, I have a keywrod rich title page. I have several entry pages, so why am I not ranked?
  29. Contributing User

I just dont get it I understand SEO but nothing is proven. I hear get backlinks. So I do, I have like 135 but nothing shows up on google. I know they arent all low rating..I mean something has to show up right. Of all the stuff I do I dont get ranked. I just dont get it.....I have keywords in content, I have bold and heading keywords, I have the main keyword in my url, I have backlinks, I have meta tags for whats that worth, I have a keywrod rich title page. I have several entry pages, so why am I not ranked?
    I can understand your reluctance to post a URL, But if you do you might be pleasantly surprised of the outcome. On a good day, depending on member's mood, you might have a few people who catch a thing or two each and the collective input might just make a difference.

You might even consider a new post for that so that you will attract attention to it!

raz