1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

At What Point Do you Give Up and Start Fresh?

If your domain is dust, and despite your best efforts you can't seem to get any traction out of your changes, at what point do you decide to start fresh with a new domain? How long would you wait? And what is the best way to make the transition? How do you deal with moving content from the old site to the new one, without getting dinged for duplication?
  3. Agency SEO
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

If you were unable to get anywhere with your old domain what makes you think you will get anywhere with a new one?
  5. Traffic drop sleuth. :)
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

There are WAY too many variables in this question. Why is your old domain not working for you? Penguin? Unnatural links penalty? Panda? Just not as good as your competition?

The answer depends on why you want to give up. If you've been affected by Panda then putting the same info on a new domain will get you in the same trouble. If you've been affected by Penguin then you can use the same info, but you've got to be careful about how you do the transition. If you're just not doing well and you don't know why then starting over without diagnosing the problem is not going to fix anything.

Comments on this post

• DarrenHaye agrees : Yes, very much depends on the problem as to what the best course of action might be.
    • EGOL agrees
    • SEO_AM agrees : The doctor is in.
  7. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I'm not positive, but I recall checking your site out quite awhile back and I think one of your main problems is "despite your best efforts" Why don't you pay Marie for a site review. Then you can say "despite your best efforts"
    Sorry if this comes off wrong, just trying to be truthful.

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : Yep!
  9. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Why don't you just work on a second site on a more part time fashion to juggle a few sites at a time. Putting all of your eggs in one basket is usually a poor choice, and this would give you time to do some testing and monitoring of your sites for your own SEO knowledge and development....
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.