1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What are Google Local Ranking Factors?

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to promote one website locally.

I have a question about Ranking of listings in Google Local.

What are the Google Local Ranking Factors?

Thanks
    Last edited by hlsgr; May 12th, 2009 at 08:52 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Address with postcode on your site, business added to Google maps, links from your local areas shops and sites, and get some links from authoritative directories too, including your address i.e. yellow pages if in the uk.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

No idea i guess.
    Very helpful
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by seogoat
    Address with postcode on your site, business added to Google maps, links from your local areas shops and sites, and get some links from authoritative directories too, including your address i.e. yellow pages if in the uk.
    Thanks for your help.

There are around 50 pages in my website having different addresses with postcodes and other contact details. Very few pages are ranking in google local listings whereas we have optimized all the pages and linked to local directories and sites.

Any idea, What can be the reason?
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by hlsgr
    Thanks for your help.

There are around 50 pages in my website having different addresses with postcodes and other contact details. Very few pages are ranking in google local listings whereas we have optimized all the pages and linked to local directories and sites.

Any idea, What can be the reason?
    50 different addresses? If you're going for 50 different local results, your going to need multiple links to all 50 of those from their respective locales. Search these forums. There's a few posts in here that have links to some real handy guides on optimizing for local search.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by jsteele823
    50 different addresses? If you're going for 50 different local results, your going to need multiple links to all 50 of those from their respective locales. Search these forums. There's a few posts in here that have links to some real handy guides on optimizing for local search.
    Yes ..Jsteele823..its 50 different locations. We are doing the same, trying to get links from their localized places. About forum, SEOChat is best forum and here you will find many experts. I am waiting for more suggestions.

Thanks!
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Super Genius (4500 - 4999 posts)

Yes ..Jsteele823..its 50 different locations. We are doing the same, trying to get links from their localized places. About forum, SEOChat is best forum and here you will find many experts. I am waiting for more suggestions.

Thanks!
    I'm going to be nice this time.. Here's a link to a post with multiple links to some very helpful info. Read it.

Jim's post about local 10 packs
  15. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to promote one website locally.

I have a question about Ranking of listings in Google Local.

What are the Google Local Ranking Factors?

Thanks
    A few options:

#1 (A) Local Search for all queries inside 2 days (and a tank of gas for someone locally).
    1. locate all public access workstations in the local area (libraries, community centers, job centers, unemployment centers, government agencies & small business help centers, etc.)

2. note all terms you wish to rank for where the "local map appears"... (best if someone local does this because even general terms [that don't use location work based on searchers IP especially if they are using Google's Toolbar or Google's personalized search.

3. note if the domain is also included in the local results (More results near... +) if the domain isn't included you need additional time and resources.

4. divide phrases up evenly (based on local competitiveness).

5. best to have enough email addresses to cover each PC separately.

6. come up with enough unique testimonials to to cover each PC separately.

7. drive to each center, go to Google setup a new user account with your new email. Type your phrase into Google find site in (More results near... +) and add testimonial.

8. You'll see the impact instantaneously.
    While you can do this by not being local (adding testimonials from distant IPs... the impact won't be so pronounced.

Get Included

Get included in local domains that note their address and are locally hosted... if the domain providing the link is actually hosted in Arlington, TX that's "local" as oppose to a physical location in Boston, MA... so "just any old domain "won't due".

A different variation of this is listings is nation, state, or city specific domains - they are not likely "local" but they are included a reference "web pages" and a listing on them "helps"... a link from a listing page "helps more"... and many of my sites "are there" to be listed in (depending on the topic).
    Last edited by fathom; May 12th, 2009 at 09:16 PM.
  17. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Just a note: you don't need to do this "underhandedly" e.g. local testimonial manipulation... you could easily get local customers to do it (for a discount on product/services after noting their testament)... the return on business would more than make up for the lost revenue of the discount.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by fathom
    A few options:

#1 (A) Local Search for all queries inside 2 days (and a tank of gas for someone locally).
    1. locate all public access workstations in the local area (libraries, community centers, job centers, unemployment centers, government agencies & small business help centers, etc.)

2. note all terms you wish to rank for where the "local map appears"... (best if someone local does this because even general terms [that don't use location work based on searchers IP especially if they are using Google's Toolbar or Google's personalized search.

3. note if the domain is also included in the local results (More results near... +) if the domain isn't included you need additional time and resources.

4. divide phrases up evenly (based on local competitiveness).

5. best to have enough email addresses to cover each PC separately.

6. come up with enough unique testimonials to to cover each PC separately.

7. drive to each center, go to Google setup a new user account with your new email. Type your phrase into Google find site in (More results near... +) and add testimonial.

8. You'll see the impact instantaneously.
    While you can do this by not being local (adding testimonials from distant IPs... the impact won't be so pronounced.

Get Included

Get included in local domains that note their address and are locally hosted... if the domain providing the link is actually hosted in Arlington, TX that's "local" as oppose to a physical location in Boston, MA... so "just any old domain "won't due".

A different variation of this is listings is nation, state, or city specific domains - they are not likely "local" but they are included a reference "web pages" and a listing on them "helps"... a link from a listing page "helps more"... and many of my sites "are there" to be listed in (depending on the topic).

Thanks fathom..