Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What is a good link profile?

Hey Y'all,

What is a good, or "round" link profile for a page?

What i mean is, how much % should have the desired anchor text like "bass fishing guide" and how many should vary or have generic names so that the link profile is more natural and less artificial?

Thanks I really appreciate it!

Lucian
  3. No Profile Picture
    NGS Marketing

This is an interesting question and one which definitely does not have a conclusive public answer. There was a great case study posted on SEOmoz a few weeks ago, but as the SEOchat's forum rules are quite strict, I'm not allowed to post the link to it here The name of the article is "Which Type of Link Anchor Text is the Most Effective? [An Experiment]"
  5. No Profile Picture

In short, the anchor text is your keywords which you wanna promote mainly.
  7. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

it depends on the rules of the site, but its better to contribute or share something and not just dropping links..
  9. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by Lucian
    What is a good link profile?
    A better one then your competators have...

Comments on this post

• EGOL agrees : :P That's what it takes!
    • bkseo agrees : nice
    Live the moment
  11. No Profile Picture

Please contribute their full potential, you will have good quality links from the forums
  13. SEO Strategist
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

The best link profile: Back links Within the content on a home page of your similar NICHE.
    The better: Back links within the content from your similar NICHE.
    A Good: A mix of back links from the sites of your NICHE (no matter where it is placed, it may be on a page somewhere deeper, it may be through the image link, it may be through the text link.).

At last if you have got even some irrelevant links but you are ranking well you can think it as a good link profile. There is no link that you can say BAD, you have to choose them based on your relevancy. Whatever is relevant to your website is a Good back link for your website. Just think about a link as a connection or friendship in real life and decide who is good for you as a friend.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by zabalex
    The best link profile: Back links Within the content on a home page of your similar NICHE.
    The use of "home page" here could be misleading. Home page of a site is not necessarily the best place where the link can be from.

I do agree with your emphasis on Relevancy though.

I think when looking at the link profile as a whole, in contrast to looking at the quality of each individual link, diversity is the key. With a natural focus on your main targeted keywords and niche, the profile should display diversity in terms of type of links, source of links (domains where the links are from) and property of links (anchor text for example).
  17. nobody
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I have outranked some sites with "good link profile" its really depending on the type of links you get.

You don't need to have so many nofollow links, so many forum links, so many this and that. If you someone get a couple of high authority link, then you are in business.

Back in my "credit check" days where I worked for Exprerian, we had a new site that offered credit monitoring protection and we had just put up the site. We linked to it from Experians' main websites, all of them are high authority and pagerank, and then an interview and a couple of links from major online newspaper. We had no other links but we were rocking the SERPs simply because of all these links.

This is from a few years ago I know things have changed but my point is that "focus on quality and authority" of your links. If Google trusts them and their anchor text, then you improve ranking.
    Data Oriented SEO is a way to go in modern SEO days.
    Sefati Consulting | Analytics Clarity
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I thinks it is a good idea to keep your profile across at least two-three lines. It necessarily do not have to be a big paragraph, but a couple of supporting lines around your link text is always good. It looks more generic.
  21. SEO Strategist

Originally Posted by NMmarketing
    The use of "home page" here could be misleading. Home page of a site is not necessarily the best place where the link can be from.
    No other page than the Home Page of particularly any website, gets more Back Link hence the MOST Trust and Authority of Search Engines. So how could any other page be the more relevant than Home Page (Please note I have already mentioned about the Same NICHE).

Also I made it the #1 Best Place to get a Back Link from. On #2 was any other page falls in the same Niche.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by ashleycasas
    I believe good link profile comes from forums. So better love forum sites and make a good reputation. But that's a case to case basis, forums varies with different rules.
    I am also wondering about anchor text and such. How much should be the desired anchor text and how many links should be generic. Just looking for a desirable profile.

Thanks for the input!
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

A good link profile is permanent, comes from a lot of different sources, and is constantly growing. It should also include links to inner pages, and a small percentage of nofollow links too.
  27. No Profile Picture

"Whatever is relevant to your website is a Good back link for your website." I like this
  29. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by scottjacksion
    "Whatever is relevant to your website is a Good back link for your website." I like this
    Now Seo Profile is very important
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: