1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

What is a good example of 'leading/trailing' text, and why is it good for links?

I take it the reason for it is to make your link look more like a paragraph, correct? Should it have keywords in it as well?
  3. Contributing User

Cool

Originally Posted by McMasters
    I take it the reason for it is to make your link look more like a paragraph, correct? Should it have keywords in it as well?
    KEYWORDS IN ANCHOR TEXT
    Description: Talk about your site, while including your relevant keyword phrase.

Try and keep your description to 50-100 characters and your anchor text to 40 charaters...

Cheers

CRITTER
  5. http://tinyurl.com/cz56g
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Leading & trailing can be very useful, especially when you pay a lot for your BL ;)

Most people are convinced that a natural link within a paragraph carries a lot more weight than just an average links-page link. What's more, if you can get your BL to appear about mid page - inside a nice big lump of text - then you'll be really up-to-date with your link strategies. MSN for one is reported to place a lot of emphasis on top/mid-page in-text mid-paragraph links. That's because they're one of the first SEs to experiment with Block Level Analysis.
    Last edited by Wit; Oct 22nd, 2004 at 10:04 AM.
  7. Contributing User

Originally Posted by McMasters
    Google and other SEs don't links with pure anchor text. It looks to Google like it's being spammed (and it is in many cases). Having non-anchor text around the link makes it look more natural (and it's more readable to human readers). Having keywords outside anchor text is important for the link page relevance (not for the nearby link(s)).
  9. Disregard Logic, Be Happy
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Example: I tried searching Google for SEO and I found this great site.
    The Source of All Things Must Be Understood.
  11. Modsky
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Hey there are lots of good sites on that seach http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&q=seo
    Webmasters who spend their energies upholding the spirit of the basic principles [Of Google] will provide a much better user experience and subsequently enjoy better ranking than those who spend their time looking for loopholes they can exploit. Google.com

Real Estate
  13. L8r
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by critter
    Try and keep your description to 50-100 characters and your anchor text to 40 charaters...
    If you don't mind the question; what made you decide those values were the magic numbers?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo