#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    11

    What else can I do? Looking for SEO Experts


    I've been working on backlinks and optimization for my companies website for about a year now. I'm trying to get our site ranked high for the keyword commercial mortgage.

    I've gotten backlinks and pr is up to 5 now. But we still rank in the 150's.

    Please take a look at our website

    http://www.winterandcompany.com

    Any suggestions

    Thanks.
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    11
    Originally Posted by jrath1
    I've been working on backlinks and optimization for my companies website for about a year now. I'm trying to get our site ranked high for the keyword commercial mortgage.

    I've gotten backlinks and pr is up to 5 now. But we still rank in the 150's.

    Please take a look at our website

    http://www.winterandcompany.com

    Any suggestions

    Thanks.
    It can be tough when you have restrictions about what changes you can make to the "look" of the site.

    If possible, I think it's crucial that you have an h1 with just "Commercial Mortgages". Look at your top competitors, the ones I checked all do.

    edit-I was looking at the plural version, not singular as you asked. Still applicable I think, top results are similar. Have you been targeting exclusively the singular version btw?
    Last edited by Sharp23; Jan 4th, 2005 at 02:25 PM.
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    179
    Rep Power
    11
    I added a small h1 tag at the very top of the site. Is there something wrong with the design? How would you change it?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks.


    Originally Posted by Sharp23
    It can be tough when you have restrictions about what changes you can make to the "look" of the site.

    If possible, I think it's crucial that you have an h1 with just "Commercial Mortgages". Look at your top competitors, the ones I checked all do.

    edit-I was looking at the plural version, not singular as you asked. Still applicable I think, top results are similar. Have you been targeting exclusively the singular version btw?
  6. #4
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The InterNet
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    10

    Cool


    Originally Posted by jrath1
    I've been working on backlinks and optimization for my companies website for about a year now. I'm trying to get our site ranked high for the keyword commercial mortgage.

    I've gotten backlinks and pr is up to 5 now. But we still rank in the 150's.

    Please take a look at our website

    http://www.winterandcompany.com

    Any suggestions

    Thanks.
    Duplicating your content is not going to help you at all go to www.copyscape.com and search for http://www.winterandcompany.com

    http://www.winter-co.com This page has 455 words matching your text
    http://www.winter1.com/services.html This page has 270 words matching your text





  8. #5
  9. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Miami, Florida
    Posts
    423
    Rep Power
    11

    ...


    Keep acquiring backlinks...and work on creative ways to add relevant content pages to your site.

    Remember that content is king...(links are like the bossy queen I guess)
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    11
    Originally Posted by jrath1
    I added a small h1 tag at the very top of the site. Is there something wrong with the design? How would you change it?

    Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks.
    Looks good, that should help. Also eliminate that duplicate content Hugo pointed out.

    Adding an h2 Commercial Mortgage Specialists, or something similar tag in the body might help as well. I like the site, it's very slick. Those changes should help.

    PM me with your progress, or post here, I'll be interested to see if those changes make a difference.

    edit- It might be good to eliminate the text other than Commercial Mortgage in the h1 tag, google will give it more weight.
  12. #7
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The InterNet
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    10

    Talking


    Hugo?
  14. #8
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    168
    Rep Power
    11
    You might also try to aqurie deep links into your site. For example you could submit your glossary of terms to "dictionary" related sites.

Similar Threads

  1. Looking for SEO experts
    By Eladnat in forum SEO Help (General Chat)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Aug 23rd, 2004, 08:41 AM
  2. For Seo Experts Only
    By tarek in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug 7th, 2004, 08:19 AM
  3. Looking for SEO experts
    By Eladnat in forum Search Engine Optimization
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2004, 12:31 PM
  4. Seo Experts Please help us with Wang Yue question
    By chenjacob in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 28th, 2003, 05:13 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo