1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Arrow What to do next when i have unique and quality content ?

I am confused, i read some posts where every person ask for better content writing which catch the audience, but here there is little bit differ story that happened to me.

I write a post which is all about "some post title" in which i also discuss the new tips and tricks which is not well known.

the post is 1560 words long, images, with infographic and it take me 6 to 10 hours to finalize it.
    I Publish the article and share it on fb, twitter and gplus, i usually share my posts on these accounts.

(I was assuming that i made more effort to make this post and it really bring some traffic but it's not)

Before this post i am getting 250 to 300 page views and after the post i am getting 255 to 310 page views.

There is no differ i get. Can someone tell me what to do next when you have a good and catchy article ???
    If i made a smaller post about how to it also bring the 4 to 5 page views, what to do next when you have a great article ??

Should i start time consuming linkbuilding like going to forums, communities, comments, etc ...?

Please suggest me what to do next ?
    Site is in good score ...
    Last edited by amirg123; Jul 12th, 2015 at 06:24 AM.
  3. No Profile Picture

For a blog, I've always ran by the rules of, Create useful content, share it wherever you can (social media especially), then outreach to other more popular blogs in your niche that can share it around and help drive traffic. The last one will probably consume more time than any other but the rewards can be equally as large if the right influencer linked to your article or shares on their feeds. That's just my two cents.
  5. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by amirg123
    I write a post which is all about "some post title" in which i also discuss the new tips and tricks which is not well known.
    You're assuming your audience is searching for stuff they don't know about. That's a little far-fetched.

Better research in what you write about is required.
  7. rod@missionop.com

Originally Posted by j3sinclair
    then outreach to other more popular blogs in your niche that can share it around and help drive traffic.
    Outreach is simply sharing. You can do outreach from your own domain by sharing via other channels... Word of mouth, email marketing, social media.

The different between your preception of outreach & mine is simply who gets all the links. If you guest post on other websites that in itself is not outreach.

The fact that the host website probably has a pre-developed audience simply makes your outreach job easier but that doesn't mean you have a lock on traffic the moment you post and you won't get any links from that hosts' audience... But the hosting website probably will.

Comments on this post

• Will-O-The-Wisp agrees
    Last edited by fathom; Jul 17th, 2015 at 11:18 PM.
  9. No Profile Picture

That's a good point. I guess I'm just thinking more for someone starting something new, with very little following base, the host website would get the links, but people would at least be exposed to your brand/name. I agree with you though that there are many forms of outreach that need to be used.
  11. No Profile Picture

Beside Posting unique content in article you need to post it in related blog or send for guest blog in reputed Guest Blog websites. You can also post your content in magazine or in well known article website for single time only and posted link start sharing in social media platform.
  13. rod@missionop.com

Genuine research should 100% be posted on your domain suggesting your domain will garner citation links. However, thereafter articles meant for the layman can go anywhere to attract eyeballs.

Comments on this post

• alexandersim agrees : agreed
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by amirg123
    I am confused, i read some posts where every person ask for better content writing which catch the audience, but here there is little bit differ story that happened to me.
    I believe you are looking for an immediate reaction to a post, it does not happen like that. Did you do anything to grab more audience in that now you expect more viewers? Why would more people come and read your article if they do not know about it?
    Also search engines do not crawl so often hence it takes time for them to find out who you are and what you do.
    Good luck

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : Great points!
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by fathom
    You're assuming your audience is searching for stuff they don't know about. That's a little far-fetched.

Better research in what you write about is required.
    Well "some post title" isn't mean i am posting the content that isn't popular .. Actually i discuss the new idea and step by step process, just like if my blog post is "linkbuilding techniques" then i discuss the new method to get links which is untapped ...
  19. the mango demon
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

You have done a good job and there is no need to be disappointed about it.
    Here is a quote from Gita (in sanskrit) - "KARAMANYAVADHIKARASTHE MAA PHALESHU KADACHANAMAA KARMA PHALA HETUR BHURMA TE SANAGOSTVAKARMANI". It means You have the right to work only, but never to its fruits. Let not the fruits of action be your motive. Nor let your attachment be to inaction.
    So, keep on creating more of such good articles. Interlink them copiously using correct anchor text variations from among your articles, both new and old. Don't be so easily disheartened after just one article. Next create some articles that have some good information and include link baits to your articles that contain detailed information. Join your fellow bloggers and find blogs who will accept your 'decent' blog post.
    You need to keep sharing your content in all channels possible. The benefits will start trickling in and finally become a river.

Comments on this post

• fathom agrees : I like that!
    • Doodled agrees : perfectly explained
  21. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

It's also worth thinking about how believable your content is.

Let's say I discover a way to make lots of money with no effort. So I post an article called "How to make lots of money with no effort" because I'm just a nice guy and I like to share.

The result will probably be zip because it is too unbelievable even though what I'm saying might be true.

This little sketch says it all: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsYo...w&spfreload=10