1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

What do i need to do to increase pagerank and how will it effect rankings

Right i now know about pagerank. My site has a pagerank of 2, is this rubish.

Now what do i need to do to increase the pagerank of my site.

Also how will a bigger pagerank make my site rank higher for certain keywords. I have created pages that target 1 keyword phrase now how will pagerank help it.

I mean surely the way to better rankings is to optimise for that certain keyword or phrase you want to rank high for, how will a better pagerank help.

Also if i need links back to my site is i better to get them from other high page rank sites and what page on my site do i need them to link too.

cheers
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Get lots of links from other sites to the main page you want the PageRank boost to go to. The higher the PageRank of the linking site, the better the PageRank injection will be to your site.

Keyword optimization on your page does not affect your PageRank. Keyword optimization on the link text from the linking site is very important though.

Read some of the article on this site for lots of good (detailed) info.

- Shawn
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

cheers BUT if i get all the inbound links to go to my indeax page how will this effect all my other pages that ive created pages for that each one targets a certain keyword or phrase.

So for each of my products ive created a page thats just about THAT certain product, now if the inbound links go to the index page how will it improve the rankings of the other pages ive created for each of my products.
  7. Contributing User

If your main page is a PR7 for example, the internal pages it links to should be able to pull a PR6 or PR5 at the least without external inbound links. So you an simply redistribute your PageRank by linking to the pages you want it to go to.

- Shawn
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Right so is it best to get all inbound links to my index page then.

Then when that pagerank is improved link to all those specially created pages from my index page and they too should get the improved pagerank. Corect????

Also how long does it take Google to update the pagerank of sites if i start tommorow getting good inbound links.
  11. Contributing User

You will see your SERP change within a few weeks at the latest. As far as Google reporting the new PageRank, it's really just for informational purposes only these days... and that updates about once a month.

- Shawn
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I see cheers.

So what do you mean by linking text from other sites is important, you mean they use a keyword in the text they use to link to my site.

Ive also created about 100 new pages on my site and these are not yet in google despite being linked to from other pages that are already in google, its been nearly 4 weeks now, should i be worried.
  15. Contributing User

How are you certain they are not in Google?

Regarding link text, yes... the text between the A HREF opening and closing tag.

- Shawn
  17. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally posted by digitalpoint
    Keyword optimization on your page does not affect your PageRank.
    - Shawn
    Shawn,

You offer this as a fact, but I don't think there is any way to say if it is correct for sure. Clearly your page content has an effect on how Google sees your site... My PR went from grey, to 0/10, 1/10. 3/10, and now 4/10, and along the way, I went from a half dozen links to none, then back to a couple as they redefined what were accaptable to them as back-links.

Something I found VERY interesting in looking at the GoogleBot tracks through my site were the pages it looked at the most. Contrary to what someone else said somewhere else, Google DOES track dynamic data (after the "?") - I've seen far to many searches on Google to believe otherwise, and the pages which GB has been scanning on my site have most of them with dynamic data... Anyway, with this information, I now can SEO the pages being hit most often, and ensure better keyword depth throughout my sites... I highly encourage everyone to put a script on your pages to track what the BOTS are looking at in detail!

Cheers!
    Matt
  19. Contributing User

Hi Matt if you know of "a script on your pages to track what the BOTS are looking at in detail", please shared it. -- I tried several and haven’t found one that works.
  21. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

BOT tracker.... home made

Originally posted by WhiteGyr
    Hi Matt if you know of "a script on your pages to track what the BOTS are looking at in detail", please shared it. -- I tried several and haven’t found one that works.
    I wrote a VERY crude/rudamentary/BASIC/almost disgustingly simple little script that puts the date, the browser, IP, the URL, and the query if there is one, into a database. I didn't intend for it to be a bot tracker, but by manually creating custom queries of the data, you can look for specific bots by name... it also gives you 404 errors, and some hack attempts but not very well.

Its written in Cold Fusion, and was mainly inteded to just be a page counter, but because the browser type comes back with GoogleBot in the name, Voila, the BotTracker101 is born.

Seriously, If you need a REAL tool that works, this is NOT for you. IF you're just looking for data that you can sift through, it works okay. My theory in life (after being screwed for $2500 from a scum bastard site designer - I mean scam artist) is to do it yourself, so it does what you want.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo