Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture

Smile What can I do to rank higher?

Can anyone give some pointers on SEO. I done all the basics such as on-site optimization not sure if this is done properly though as I'm a novice when it comes to SEO. my site is vankouldenberg (dot) com.

most of the keywords their position is somewhere between 140-350
    such as: botox clinic, botox, lip enhancement, london skin clinic and botox in london.

I have tried to get backlinks but not sure if I have done that properly, I have posted in directories, just a couple on youtube and on blogs.

Would really appreciate any advice! Thanks guys
  3. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Most any backlink you create yourself, link exchange, purchase, or is yours for the asking is worth almost nothing in the eyes of Google. Like an Internet god...Google is close to seeing all.

The key to long term success on the Internet is creating valuable content that is in demand and seen by those that might link to it naturally (without being asked). To accomplish this takes knowledge and work. You had better get the knowledge or hire those that have that knowledge and get to work.

Comments on this post

• VanKouldenberg agrees : thanks for your feedback
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I took a quick look at your site and I would suggest you review your content. It doesn't seem user friendly to me, it is a little difficult to read and understand what you're talking about. You've got some really long sentences etc. Also, make it user friendly by adding helpful links. For example, if you're telling me to sign up for your newsletter put a link right there under 'newsletter' or 'sign up' so I can easily go there right now and sign up. If you're talking about your 'loyalty scheme' then tell me what it is or put a link right there that goes to a page that talks about the loyalty scheme.

Comments on this post

• VanKouldenberg agrees : will definitely follow up on your suggestions, thx Jen!
  7. No Profile Picture

Thanks guys for your 2 cents will make the improvement based on your comments, if anyone else has any further suggestion I would much appreciate that
  9. Seo Control Panel
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Make everything simple and try to consider following things
    1) Quality, unique and Dynamic contents on your websites. Keep adding contents to your website each day
    2) Boost your web page in social media
    3) Newsletters and press releases
    4) Quality links by checking link juice
    5) try to get more traffic to your website from other resources like social media, blogs etc. That wil automatically help to improve the ranking in search engines also.

Comments on this post

• GabrielG : generic advice isn't so helpful.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

you can use page ranking tool to increase a page ranking and you also get the ranking status of own page

Comments on this post

• KernelPanic : huh?
  13. No Profile Picture
    Banned

This is not an easy task to getting rank on SERP. You can try your best using best techniques of SEO, which are in trends and following Google guidelines. Content posting is good idea to get valuable backlink, But content should be related to your business, Unique and informative for the user. Create quality backlink using Business directory, infographics, classified etc. from high PR websites. Keep in mind that Quality backlink have more value compare to quantity backlinks.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned

For highly rank your site content should be excellent,create back links,Title and Meta Tag also important........
  17. No Profile Picture

Although most of the comments are good suggestion to get higher ranking in search engines but I would appreciate the suggestions given by SEO_AM and Jen1. Search engines are very smart now and it is very difficult to make them fool.

Content is the one of the most important part of any website. This is content which introduce the visitor about the website, services, support and history of the company. If content is rich & fresh then it would the half victory of the website as user do not know the website owner but it is content only who interact the user about services which your website offering. So content is the king of website.

Your website On Page optimization should follow all Google guidelines as Google likes the obeying students. Try to avoid spamming works (keyword stuffing, H Tags, Canonical issues, internal link structure copied/duplicate content).

Website's design should be good and creative as it is the first thing which looks very first. If your website layout is attractive then there are more chances of staying of the visitor on your website. And we know staying more on the website means giving more business to the site. Navigation should not be confusing and it should be smooth.

In the last do some quality Off Page work to grab some links as Google likes healthy links. Try to get mixture links (infographics, competitive link building, publish articles on big portals, white papers, how to guide articles, press relase about your products) for your website.

Make strong presence on social media platforms for your website like Facebook, Twitter, Linkdin, Google+ etc. Social media play a vital role to drag the visitors to your website. And more traffic to your site means more profits to your website.

Good Luck
  19. No Profile Picture
    Banned

There are quite a number of things that you could you to increase your rankings from keywords, backlinking, providing relevant content and so much more. You can also hire an expert from sites like SEOclerks, listingdock etc.
  21. No Profile Picture

First of all, i would like to say that SEO is not a one night game. You have to make constant practices in order to get good ranks. A continuous work needs to be done. The first thing you need to check the freshness and uniqueness of the content on the site as well as the content to be posted.

Note: Google spiders do not make any sense with Directories. Directory submissions are no more in use and Google don't pay attention to it.

Make sure you are having a blog and you are posting nice stuff a day after a day which is unique, attractive and interesting infact that grabs attention.
    after blogging, you can submit your site in blog comments on the blogs of same niche. SMM is the most important part that is grabbing a great attention and a reach so far. Promote and get likes, followers from the social accounts like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterst and google +. It will be good to work on offpage strategies for keywords you are using. Make sure the keywords you are using should have more searches with less competition.

Revert back if you need any kind of information and having any query.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Banned

10 Tactics to Rank Higher are available in this link-
    wdfm.com/marketing-tips/rank-higher.php
  25. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Submit your site to Google, yahoo,Zing , ask.com.
    Add new content to your website often.
    Do social bookmarking, Directory submission, Blog posting , Blog commenting daily..
    Fix your broken links.
    Avoid keyword stuffing.
  27. UK Based SEO
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by sharonmark
    Submit your site to Google, yahoo,Zing , ask.com.
    Add new content to your website often.
    Do social bookmarking, Directory submission, Blog posting , Blog commenting daily..
    Fix your broken links.
    Avoid keyword stuffing.
    Avoid all of this, of course blog posting is ideal for creating new unique content on your website.

Directory submissions
    Social Bookmarking
    Blog Commenting

All useless crap that was done 5-6 years ago

Fixing broken links, well if you have some then of course fix them

And do write for the reader not the search engines, avoiding keyword stuffing, probably the only bit of advice that has any worth.

Plenty of stickies and threads on all aspects of SEO that you can read on here. But please dont follow the directorysubmission, social bookmarking brigade, you would be aswell spending your time writing some decent content instead
    "Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong."
  29. No Profile Picture

Thanks guys for your 2 cents [COLOR=#404040] will make the improvement based on your comments
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: