1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

What is Better? Technical SEO Question

Okay guys I have a technical question for you.

What is the best/appropriate method to SEO for a product that is not hosted on your website/server.

I'm talking about ThemeForest.net if you know ThemeForest.net does not allow to sell a theme that exists on ThemeForest.net already or vice versa.

In this case we have theme hosted on ThemeForest.net only. Should we take landing page URL that is of ThemeForest.net or should we make a landing page separately and redirecting the traffic to ThemeForest.net (As I said we can not sell it directly when it is hosted on ThemeForest.net)

In case of ThemeForest.net landing page, we can get the benefit of PA (page authority) and DA (domain authority).

What is the best option? Opinions please.
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Are you serious?

If you're a WP Skin Creator your talent is the product. However, pretending a single skin is extremely valuable is a mistake.
    Last edited by fathom; Jan 21st, 2016 at 02:33 AM.
  5. Contributing User

Not a single skin. We have 40+ items on TF. This post was to get a clearance that is there a chance to market the items with a different way?
    TF already has enough traffic but since I said to get let say an answer of my question "is there a way to get more traffic to have more sales"?
  7. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by rizmriz
    Not a single skin. We have 40+ items on TF. This post was to get a clearance that is there a chance to market the items with a different way?
    TF already has enough traffic but since I said to get let say an answer of my question "is there a way to get more traffic to have more sales"?
    Fair enough.

If you promote your abilities and not just the skins' appearances or assets that suggests there is additional value.
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by fathom
    Fair enough.

If you promote your abilities and not just the skins' appearances or assets that suggests there is additional value.
    Completely agree. Have in mind that people are putting quite an effort when purchasing skins. In that regard, they are prepared to do extra digging just to find something that pleases them. If you position yourself properly within the market, people will come to you.
  11. I love SEOChat.com

Originally Posted by rizmriz
    Okay guys I have a technical question for you.

What is the best/appropriate method to SEO for a product that is not hosted on your website/server.

I'm talking about ThemeForest.net if you know ThemeForest.net does not allow to sell a theme that exists on ThemeForest.net already or vice versa.

What is the best option? Opinions please.
    IF I were you, I would setup a complete new domain, start from scratch, setup sales pages, link them to TF

1. The TF pages you link to would automatically get all link juice from your landing pages.
    2. Your domain is your asset, 10 yrs from now you never know what the value of your domain would be? Maybe you can setup your own full fledge biz.

I could write more if you are interested..

CHeers!