1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Website Ranking without Optimization

If a website is ranking high on google with a particular keyword, without optimization being done. Is it still necessary to opt for SEO service
  3. In the game since Jan '06
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Seemabhoi
    If a website is ranking high on google with a particular keyword, without optimization being done. Is it still necessary to opt for SEO service
    I've seen it happen, for very uncompetitive keywords though. With some long-tail keywords all you need to do is mention the keyword somewhere in your page and you'll be up. A keyword like: "Bristol conference venue with seaviews, lunch service and coffee station".

Just a quick note: Not sure how new your site is, but a few years back though, new sites would fluctuate up and down for months before Google settled them into somewhere they found suitable.
    "In 1969 I gave up women and alcohol - it was the worst 20 minutes of my life." - George Best
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

i think what he's actually asking is that if a site is already high in the search engines, is it necessary to perform regular additional tasks in order to keep it there..

The answer of course is yes... but you gotta be careful.
  7. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by freeflyer
    i think what he's actually asking is that if a site is already high in the search engines, is it necessary to perform regular additional tasks in order to keep it there..

The answer of course is yes... but you gotta be careful.
    ]

Thank you for the quick reply, perhaps I am still looking for more detailed explaination. Is there a possibility that the website rank would drop down if regular optimisation is not done?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

there's no definitive answer to that. It may do, it may not.. it depends on a lot of factors which may or may not be within your control. There are some sites which once highly placed tend to stay there without work.. others drop off after time.
    The issue you have is if any work done may have a negative effect, which is possible, especially if you are doing onsite work.

If its high (ie top3) then i'd be inclined to leave it until it drops. If its only perhaps top 10 then yes, i'd continue to work on it.
    However, remember that regular SEO work can also bring in new terms and additional traffic via other means.
    Last edited by freeflyer; Jul 6th, 2011 at 04:52 AM.
  11. No Profile Picture

yes. Seo is necessary to maintain your site ranking in search engine.
  13. Contributing User

]

. Is there a possibility that the website rank would drop down if regular optimisation is not done?
    Yes the competitors will catch up eventually !!!

Its like football or any other sport if your top you still need to try to improve to stay at the top or otherwise eventually you will get overtaken and when this happens you might struggle to regain your position as the competitor has now got the momentum.

So don't let this happen !

Comments on this post

• hunter86 agrees : I agree Never become Idle. Doing so just does not make sense. Why make it easy for your competition to catch up
  15. No Profile Picture

Yes, If your competitor get high quality backlinks then he will go up in serps. So you must optimized your site regularly for both on site/off site.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I would consider yourself really lucky... You probably still want to develop backlinks and increase your link popularity, but your on page optimization is probably pretty strong. Keep monitoring your ranking and tweak it if need be
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Google is constantly evolving, but the fundamentals of SEO will always stay and remain as it is. High quality content will always be what people will want to share and are good in their sight.
    So I guess that means a YES from me