Thread: WebCeo 8.1

1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

WebCeo 8.1

Hello again,

Been using the free edition of WebCeo for Google optimization. Seems to work ok so far if I am to believe that they have some inside info as to how Google algo's work. They want me to upgrade to their small business (webCeo 8.1) for 129.00.

Should I make the plunge? Any advice? Anyone using it and truly believe in it? Any negatives? Opinions?

Let me know what you think, will ya?

Thanks in advance
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I used to use it and loved it. Big time saver at the very least, but it is pricey
  5. Contributing User

Oh nice! Yeah the small biz unleashed for $129.00. Was 339.00

Seems desperate to sell it, that's why I'm asking. Was wondering if someone has heard anything like software bans, the company going out of business or something like that.

Thanks

7. No Profile Picture

I think everyone is desperate, because of the economy!
  9. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

i haven't tried it.. i still prefer doing it manually.. less risk..
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by dabugman
    Hello again,

Been using the free edition of WebCeo for Google optimization. Seems to work ok so far if I am to believe that they have some inside info as to how Google algo's work. They want me to upgrade to their small business (webCeo 8.1) for 129.00.

Should I make the plunge? Any advice? Anyone using it and truly believe in it? Any negatives? Opinions?

Let me know what you think, will ya?

Thanks in advance
    I jumped on the bandwagon with it about 4 months ago....I got the Biz edition for $ 129, so I couldn't resist. Be aware that they hit you up for $ 49/quarter (read $ 196/year) for future updates, which you will require, if you continue along with it.

Overall, I find that it is well-written S/W. The error handling is strong, the user interface has a lot of attention paid to it, and there are quite a few features that I use: Keyword Analysis, Rank checking, Page optimization, and Link Partnering. I find all of these features extremely useful. There are other features that I feel are less useful. They have been in business for 8 years, so I think it is one of the most mature products out there. As far as I know, they are not going out of business, and they are not accused of spamming. In fact, I'm very impressed with their algorithm for obtaining rankings -- they have implemented a multi-threaded application that puts necessary delays in place, so that the Google servers are not over-taxed (resulting in IP banning).

Overall, a win-win, but be prepared to shell out those quarterly updates for $ 49. It doesn't stop at $ 129 (although they give you 3 months of updates for free with it).
  13. Contributing User

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks brother!

Let me ask you to make sure I am clear. I noticed when I start the SW (free version) it calls home and updates itself (wants me to download). I am assuming that is not the upgrade, but an update of their definitions, etc. (the way they do things in webceo), much like spyware proggies and virus proggies do. This is in no way an upgrade. If I want future upgrades, I must pay the 49 quareterly. Correct?

Am I undestanding that correctly?
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks brother!

Let me ask you to make sure I am clear. I noticed when I start the SW (free version) it calls home and updates itself (wants me to download). I am assuming that is not the upgrade, but an update of their definitions, etc. (the way they do things in webceo), much like spyware proggies and virus proggies do. This is in no way an upgrade. If I want future upgrades, I must pay the 49 quareterly. Correct?

Am I undestanding that correctly?
    The $ 49 pays for stuff like software upgrades and also definition upgrades (e.g., Google may change the API to access SERP retrieval, which is used by their Ranking program). Now, I've been fully up-to-date since I started 4 months ago, and have not fell delinquent in payment, so I don't know what happens when you fail to pay, but I imagine that those definition upgrades don't happen. So, although not all functions stop working if you don't pay, you may be using "old" definitions, which may jade your results. That's how I believe it works. All in all, a big time saver with a lot of the functions I had been doing manually, so I do recommend it. Good luck with it, and if you have specific questions on functionality feel free to ask.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Further to last post, you can go to their pricing page:

http://www.webceo.com/pricing/complete-pricing.htm

The $ 49 clearly states that it is for SEO Ranking and Reporting Updates.

But, lo and behold, you can get a discount for 12 months ($ 129) or 18 months ($ 159). So, you can basically halve the price, with the latter option.
  19. No Profile Picture
    SEO Guy

Was wondering if someone has heard anything like software bans, the company going out of business or something like that.

Well you will probably get your IP banned from Google at some point using it, but you just have to readjust your settings and the ban wears off after a day or so.
  21. Contributing User

"Whut u talkin bout Willis?" Ip banned for what? Using Webceo? Splain me please!
  23. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

There is no IP ban if you're using the API properly.

WebCEO is used as a glorified ranking checker and backlink checker. I use it, I bought it, but remember, after your honeymoon is over you'll have to buy monthly credits to keep up with the latest 'subscription' releases. I still have no clue what it consists of and they aren't really that forthcoming with disclosing what you're paying for.
  25. No Profile Picture
    SEO Guy

"Whut u talkin bout Willis?" Ip banned for what? Using Webceo? Splain me please!
    Every good SEO get's their IP banned by google at some point! ;-)

Google bans your ip for doing too many searches too fast and using something like webceo is actually "technically" against their tos I believe, but all they do when they see you using a bot like that is ban you for the day. It's actually really annoying, and I've even gotten my ip banned just for clicking too many links in webmaster tools lol.

It may be different now but when I had a subscription a few years back I would get the office's IP address banned from google for the day when I ran too many reports on there, so I had to either change the settings, or only run like 1 a day.

I think in the new one (8.1) they may have changed the default settings, but I have only used the free trial version for that allows like 10 kws or whatever and never had a problem.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by davidthemavin
    Every good SEO get's their IP banned by google at some point! ;-)

Google bans your ip for doing too many searches too fast and using something like webceo is actually "technically" against their tos I believe, but all they do when they see you using a bot like that is ban you for the day. It's actually really annoying, and I've even gotten my ip banned just for clicking too many links in webmaster tools lol.

It may be different now but when I had a subscription a few years back I would get the office's IP address banned from google for the day when I ran too many reports on there, so I had to either change the settings, or only run like 1 a day.

I think in the new one (8.1) they may have changed the default settings, but I have only used the free trial version for that allows like 10 kws or whatever and never had a problem.
    FYI, I have only had experience with the product in the last 4 months, but doing a Ranking check takes forever, but that is because they put necessary delays in between searches automatically, so as not to upset G. I really think that they stay on top of Google's TOS and stuff like that, and are aware of thresholds that gets G upset. There may have been a problem in the past, but I have yet to run into anything like that. I don't abuse either; I run rank checks about once-a-week or so.