1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Arrow Web directory link Removal

Hi Folks

I am facing one very big problems from the web directories in my sites ranking.

I am having few keyword rich domains and I have created mini sites as blog where i update all my content on regular basis.

Previously all my mini sites were ranking in Top 5 from the Main keyword as it was in Domain name. But some one has done anti SEO to my site and have placed my site in all the web directories with wrong Anchor text.

This is causing me a very big drop in my ranking I am moved to page 4 and 5 for those keywords.

I do not do any web directories submission because it is just waste of time. I have send few emails through contact us pages but its not working.

Guys please suggest me what to do with this situation ?
  3. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by seork
    Hi Folks

I am facing one very big problems from the web directories in my sites ranking.

I am having few keyword rich domains and I have created mini sites as blog where i update all my content on regular basis.

Previously all my mini sites were ranking in Top 5 from the Main keyword as it was in Domain name. But some one has done anti SEO to my site and have placed my site in all the web directories with wrong Anchor text.

This is causing me a very big drop in my ranking I am moved to page 4 and 5 for those keywords.

I do not do any web directories submission because it is just waste of time. I have send few emails through contact us pages but its not working.

Guys please suggest me what to do with this situation ?
    Well I 100% think that you're talking boswellox and you did indeed do directory submissions.

You built some spammy satellite sites and they have lost rankings.. it happens, toss them and concentrate on a main site and something that will be sustainable.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by DarrenHaye
    Well I 100% think that you're talking boswellox and you did indeed do directory submissions.

You built some spammy satellite sites and they have lost rankings.. it happens, toss them and concentrate on a main site and something that will be sustainable.
    Darren thanks for the reply

I have created those sites for just update my content and I have hosted them on different server.

I post content and Image over there and link it to the main website. On my main site I update it on regular time like in to 3-5 days time period.

I have not done any directory posting I just use my content and Bookmark it in social bookmarking website.

But some one has used (dot dot dot) with my title and submitted it in directory. If I do directory submission I never use (dot dot dot) after my title. So this is just to bring my site down from ranking and I am seeing this effect in couple of month only. Before that My sites were doing so good in Top 5 Spots.

Is there any way you can suggest me to over come from this bad directories ? I do not know how to remove my listing from their directories.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Can any one suggest me something ?
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I think your satellite sites are harming your site more than helping it. This is a link scheme very easily picked up by Google and even though you got away with it for a while, it came back to haunt you now. If you want to get rid of the unwanted links you can try the google disavow tool, but I think you will really need to get rid of you satellites as well.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by rcostica
    I think your satellite sites are harming your site more than helping it. This is a link scheme very easily picked up by Google and even though you got away with it for a while, it came back to haunt you now. If you want to get rid of the unwanted links you can try the google disavow tool, but I think you will really need to get rid of you satellites as well.
    Do you have any way so that I can remove links from this spammy web directories ?
  13. Contributing User

I used to know a guy called seork who sold web directory links. You should ask him ;)
  15. justificational oblivion

Did you diagnose if your drop was a penguin update thing or a algorithmic filter?

depending on what the directory submissions were, they either did nothing or if they were for optimized anchor text, they threw you anchor text distribution off an made it look unnatural + may have been in a bad link neighborhood, which would cause google the hurt them.

You can try to remove and/or disavow, depending on what exactly the nature of the hit is or as someone said above me, the cheaper/easier way is to start fresh.

whatever you decide though...remove links pointing to your other properties.

Can any one suggest me something ?
  17. No Profile Picture

Do you have any way so that I can remove links from this spammy web directories ?
    Yes, the Google Disavow tool:
    https: //www . google . com / webmasters /tools /disavow-links-main ?pli=1 - remove the blanks
  19. No Profile Picture
    Banned

You need original likes for good result
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by whiterabbit
    Did you diagnose if your drop was a penguin update thing or a algorithmic filter?

depending on what the directory submissions were, they either did nothing or if they were for optimized anchor text, they threw you anchor text distribution off an made it look unnatural + may have been in a bad link neighborhood, which would cause google the hurt them.

You can try to remove and/or disavow, depending on what exactly the nature of the hit is or as someone said above me, the cheaper/easier way is to start fresh.

whatever you decide though...remove links pointing to your other properties.
    Thanks whiterabbit. But my ranking was may be because of Penguin update. And my anchor text is placed with dot dot dot in web directories. Something like accutane lawsuits....... this is really a big problem for me as that is my main keyword.

I am not sure about Google Disavow tool may be it will hurt more to my site so not sure on using it.
  23. No Profile Picture

Thanks whiterabbit. But my ranking was may be because of Penguin update. And my anchor text is placed with dot dot dot in web directories. Something like accutane lawsuits....... this is really a big problem for me as that is my main keyword.

I am not sure about Google Disavow tool may be it will hurt more to my site so not sure on using it.
    If you strongly believe those links are hurting you then you should use the disavow tool. If you only use it to ignore spammy links to your website, it cannot hurt it in any way.
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by rcostica
    If you strongly believe those links are hurting you then you should use the disavow tool. If you only use it to ignore spammy links to your website, it cannot hurt it in any way.
    Can any one tell me is it fine to use Disavow tool of google?
  27. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by davisjay89
    The Alexa For My Site is dropping Constantly. i Have Used Social Bookmarking as a preventive measure But it doesn't improve. Give Me Some Tips To improve it Quickly
    Alexa rankings have no relevance over your site optimization. Alexa ranks sites in terms of the number of visitors who have the Alexa toolbar installed. You really shouldn't waste time thinking about it.