1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Want To Verify ! ! !

In the dance tool my rankings are showing some incredible improvement in www2 and www3. Shouldn't I start to see these results on www in a day or 2?
  3. Contributing
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by scans
    In the dance tool my rankings are showing some incredible improvement in www2 and www3. Shouldn't I start to see these results on www in a day or 2?
    Wan't to know about this...
    Have a look at this one :

http://forums.seochat.com/t8383/s.html
    Disclaimer : My posts on SEO are just from my observations and I do not say it is a true fact... A real fact of life is that, I'm often wrong...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Jocelyn
    Wan't to know about this...
    Have a look at this one :

http://forums.seochat.com/t8383/s.html
    Jocelyn,
    I had the same question after I read that thread. Maybe someone could clarify for us newbies what is the relationship of 64.x.x.x, .99, and the ww1, www2 and www3 servers. I think I understand most of what's going on, but a little more explanation would be helpful.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

WWW is the last Google box/domain to see updates results. Google consists of 10,000s of computers all classified into datacenters. Each datacenter and the thousands of computers that make up that datacenter have to update. This takes time. So far -cw and -in have been updated and www2 and www3 are seeing some of these updates. Once all datacenters get updated (propogated) than www will kick on and show the updated results.

During updates there is usually one datacenter that has new data before the other datacenters. The info spreads from that one to the rest. 64.x.x.x happened to be that datacenter this month.

So the conclusion of my lame explaination is.....Yes! in a day or so you'll see an updated www
    -PK
  9. Contributing User

That doesn't really answer my question. People have been seeing results jumping around the servers for a few days. I still do not see www2 or 3 results on www. Must still be in process
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

nope because the update isn't done. www2 and www3 are sorta like datacenters as www pulls alot of info from these but for some reason www isn't pulling info as much as it normally does from these two. For this update it seems www is pulling info from another datacenter. Sometimes 64.x.x.x sometimes a different one but not www2 or www3.

Out of 60 datacenters there are only about 12 that are updated so it might be awhile
  13. Contributing

Originally Posted by scans
    That doesn't really answer my question. People have been seeing results jumping around the servers for a few days. I still do not see www2 or 3 results on www. Must still be in process
    There is also some kind of routing system to send you to a more idle center. So if this center is busy you end up on this center instead. Reason for the different SERPS just feet away from an other computer.
    So the jumping is that you are being routed on a different center. Once they all have the update data you do not see this jumping as much since they are quite similar.
    Flux must come from this routing beavior since the data centers still have to update the daily crawls.

Hope this helps too...
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

It's getting clearer.
    So what is the center when you refer to .99?
  17. Contributing User

And now they show....

Pre Florida #12 for best Keyword
    florida - anywhere from 800+ - 50
    Today - #8

I am a happy camper, for now!
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

By the way, for my keyword searches all www datacenters are identical.

Yippee! #1 all on all of them for all keywords!
  21. Contributing

Originally Posted by OeeBali
    It's getting clearer.
    So what is the center when you refer to .99?
    Don't know the name...
    We are talking at the center found at the IP :

http://64.233.161.99/
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Some Important Points

I have a few questions, maybe some of you could help me with. For some of my websites (5) I am seeing them on the second page for my main keywords after being in position 350 +. I feel I can optimize them further to improve their position and also optimise my other sites not doing so well based on my more successful ones. Should I wait a while for the new alogarithm to settle down or should I start optimisation right away?

In addition, these changes came at a good time as yesterday it came to my attention that for the last 3 months I have been losing money on all websites. Much of this is due to the cost of advertising on Google, Looksmart and Overture. I think they are a waste of time offering little success although my cost per click is minimal. What is your experience or opinion on this?

One more point, due to a problem with the server, all my websites have been offline since yesterday (Tuesday 17th Feb) for approx 20 hours now (since 13:00 GMT). Would this have a negative effect on my results for the datacentres?

Any qualified help and advice is really appreciated. Now I have a little hope that maybe my business can continue.

Paul
  25. Contributing

Originally Posted by cyberil
    Should I wait a while for the new alogarithm to settle down or should I start optimisation right away?
    I usually wait till it's done... but it's up to you.
    What is your experience or opinion on this?
    Sorry I have a big 0$ budget for PPC...

Would this have a negative effect on my results for the datacentres?
    Servers will crash and Google nows that... it's always just a question of time. It's not a one day missing in action that will hurt.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks Jocelyn for your help. It seems like we are seeing a new era in optimisation, back to the good old days with new Google rankings and Yahoo rankings. I cancelled all my PPC saving a lot each month. I think things are starting to look positive.

Originally Posted by Jocelyn
    I usually wait till it's done... but it's up to you.
    Sorry I have a big 0$ budget for PPC...

Servers will crash and Google nows that... it's always just a question of time. It's not a one day missing in action that will hurt.