Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Want Link Exchange Oftenly, the way to do.................

Hello

As I have to make Link Exchange for my new web site and as well as for my old good ranking site . Since two weeks I have found that my old website having low ranking for two keywords. For one keyword its goes down from Rank #4 to #13 and for another its goes down from rank #10 to # 39
    in SERPs.
    I use the way ,to find the Thematical sites for link exchange ,by searching with my site theme keywordin google . but i failed to find much of required sites for Link Exchage that having at least page rank #5. But Hardly find only two sites having page rank#5 and better for link exchange .

Is there anyone who knows the better way to find the sites having good rank and same theme so better for link exchange ?

plz Suggest me

All replies are heartly welcomed.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Look in the google directory (dmoz) and yahoo directory for sites in related categories. Links from those sites will generally help you in the SERPs. Then check for backlinks for those sites.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Smile Anuj Again

Originally Posted by brandall
    Look in the google directory (dmoz) and yahoo directory for sites in related categories. Links from those sites will generally help you in the SERPs. Then check for backlinks for those sites.
    First thanks for urs good suggestion

I have found there manysites in the directories but while link exchange with them I should go for Link farms or not .Or i Mail the particular site and invite for link exchange. What is the better and optimistic way .

I thanks for urs replies in advance
    All replies are welcomed
  7. No Profile Picture
    Not a Contributing User

i think Google Directory is safe and there you can find websites , google is not updating it's PR, From Google Directory you can also chk the website of your intereast and theam , Google Directory is a Copy Of DMOZ so you can Exchange links from safe source
    Last edited by seo_max; Oct 6th, 2004 at 04:29 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Smile thanks seo_max

Originally Posted by seo_max
    i think Google Directory is safe this time google is not updating it's PR From Google Directory you can also chk the Directory PR and Sites Of your intereast and theam Google Directory is a Copy Of DMOZ so you can Exchange links from safe source
    So in urs opinion i should go for google directory ist . is it?
    or else u wanna say ?
    and also suggest me , am i go for Link Farms or use e-mail option while link exchange.

thanks u give me urs precious time
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Don't go for link farms.

I understand why you only want higher PR sites to exchange links with but don't rule out those with low or no PR. Remember PR hasn't been updated for 6 months. Some of them might be worth looking at, see how many backlinks they have and if they are useful to your visitors

Good luck.

Jane
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Smile thanks jane

Originally Posted by JaneCompersNews
    Don't go for link farms.

I understand why you only want higher PR sites to exchange links with but don't rule out those with low or no PR. Remember PR hasn't been updated for 6 months. Some of them might be worth looking at, see how many backlinks they have and if they are useful to your visitors

Good luck.

Jane
    what is reason for not go for link farms. plz give some suggestion about it.

As u said that i go for low page rank also . Is this is good for my site. plz explain i m getting confused having so many sorts of ideas.

all replies are welcomed.
  15. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

link farms

The reason you should not use a link farm to promo your site is because it's just bad business. Secondly, your site will receive absolutely no benefit from using link farm services.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Because it's obvious you've participated in a links scheme to increase your site's ranking and google specifically tells you not to do that here...

http://www.google.com/webmasters/guidelines.html

Good luck.

Jane
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

As u said that i go for low page rank also . Is this is good for my site. plz explain i m getting confused having so many sorts of ideas.
    If they are good for your visitors then they are good for your site.

Jane
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Smile ok not to use link farm........

Originally Posted by cyberwire
    The reason you should not use a link farm to promo your site is because it's just bad business. Secondly, your site will receive absolutely no benefit from using link farm services.
    thanks for urs response

ok now i not go for the link farm .Now i Have two options for making link exchange

1 Use the form which is provided by the targeted site to which i want to link .Follow all the instruction provided by that form.

2.By getting the E-mail Id of webmaster of that targeted site.And i mail him and request for link exchange first by adding his link in my site.

which way is better?
    Iwould like to follow the first option and u?

All responses will be welcomed.
  23. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Anuj
    Is there anyone who knows the better way to find the sites having good rank and same theme so better for link exchange ?
    PM me your url/s, I have collection of site with themes, but only few site I have for some categoties....
  25. I <3 Google

Google doesn't give much credit for links from link farms, so they are usually not worth the effort.

Your best bet it to email potential sites for an exchange. Add their site to yours first, then email them and request an exchange.

Since PageRank has not updated in over 100 days you should not disqualify sites for having no pr or low pr, because the toolbar is not correct.

Try to get links from sites that rank in the SERPS for your keywords.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Not a Contributing User

Originally Posted by Anuj
    So in urs opinion i should go for google directory ist . is it?
    or else u wanna say ?
    and also suggest me , am i go for Link Farms or use e-mail option while link exchange.

thanks u give me urs precious time
    sorry there is some points which i was not able to clear in my previous Post i edit thaThat post

i simpley want to say that this time google is not updating it PR so there are some good site with good back links but showing PR 0 in tool bar so now it's very difficult to identify whether the sites are good or not so i suggest you to use google directory listing websites of your interst and them there in the directory you can find out the website's, for link exchange Directory PR which was not so Old, and safe method for link exchange

thankyou
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

plz explain

Originally Posted by yo-yo
    Google doesn't give much credit for links from link farms, so they are usually not worth the effort.

Your best bet it to email potential sites for an exchange. Add their site to yours first, then email them and request an exchange.

Since PageRank has not updated in over 100 days you should not disqualify sites for having no pr or low pr, because the toolbar is not correct.

Try to get links from sites that rank in the SERPS for your keywords.
    firstly thanks for urs good response
    I want to know only this if one site has button with text Add URL and i clicked it and fill up all the required paramaters such as MYwebsite URL , email and other so. and i then Click on the Submit button.
    IS there is any disadvantage using this way for link Exchange
    or this is the link Farm?

Plz expalin

all replies will be heartly welcomed.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: