1. No Profile Picture
    Bread+Butter=SEO
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Question VBulletin Forum issues with Google indexing

Hi,

I have a site hosted on IIS, we added vBulletin forum on it and the problem is the forum software uses same Meta Description for all the pages, so when Google indexed the pages, it shows Supplimental results with all those pages even when every page has different content. Does that mean we should remove Meta Description on the forum so Google indexes these pages with content as description rather than same Meta info on all the pages.

If i remove meta description from the forum, will it affect on other search engines?

IceWolf
  3. SEO at Sea
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by IceWolf
    Hi,

I have a site hosted on IIS, we added vBulletin forum on it and the problem is the forum software uses same Meta Description for all the pages, so when Google indexed the pages, it shows Supplimental results with all those pages even when every page has different content. Does that mean we should remove Meta Description on the forum so Google indexes these pages with content as description rather than same Meta info on all the pages.

If i remove meta description from the forum, will it affect on other search engines?

IceWolf
    Good question, I'd like to know as well. I use vBulletin on my site. Interestingly enough, so does SEO Chat. I know that I get a lot of links from SEO Chat forums, so whatever they do works.