1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Question Value of a blog off the primary domain?

If I have a blog at www.abcxzy.com/blog will Google consider all the blog content as content under www.abcxzy.com? Meaning, I am aware of the value of adding new content, but if I have a fairly static domain, can I add content in a blog instead of adding new pages to the domain itself and still reap the rewards of new content for that domain? It may be a silly question, but I have a nagging feeling that Google sees them differently in some way, but I hope I'm wrong.
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by war3rd
    If I have a blog at www.abcxzy.com/blog will Google consider all the blog content as content under www.abcxzy.com? Meaning, I am aware of the value of adding new content, but if I have a fairly static domain, can I add content in a blog instead of adding new pages to the domain itself and still reap the rewards of new content for that domain? It may be a silly question, but I have a nagging feeling that Google sees them differently in some way, but I hope I'm wrong.
    Yes, it will be under your primary domain.

Submit your RSS feed as a sitemap in GWT in order to index/find all of your blog pages.
    www.joshz.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email josh@joshz.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by joshz

Submit your RSS feed as a sitemap in GWT in order to index/find all of your blog pages.
    thanks for that i did not know you could do that
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

So if you submit the RSS feed as a sitemap, will google think that represents *all* of the domain and ignore anything else? or will google still crawl new pages that aren't in the sitemap and include them?
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

also sorry if you have created a forum do you need to do anything for that or does google automatically search it?
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

So if you submit the RSS feed as a sitemap, will google think that represents *all* of the domain and ignore anything else? or will google still crawl new pages that aren't in the sitemap and include them?
    it will only do your blog as its only coming from the rss feed and gwt recognises its a rss not .xml sitemap
  13. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

No. You submit a regular site map and a blog rss feed or site map. You can have more than one sitemap.

Comments on this post

• ITsmartie agrees