1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Using a Silo structure is it better to have a site with more or less pages

For instance if one of your main themes is apples. Is it better to have 5 pages about apples supporting the theme or 15 pages? I would think that the more content is better for ranking but it can also spread pr thin.

Any advice would be great. Thanks for your time.

William
  3. Philip@SearchBenefit.com
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by whorneff310
    For instance if one of your main themes is apples. Is it better to have 5 pages about apples supporting the theme or 15 pages? I would think that the more content is better for ranking but it can also spread pr thin.

Any advice would be great. Thanks for your time.

William
    Welcome to the forum! Your question seems a little confused, which suggests you are doing SEO but are not an SEO. This is fine since if you stick around you will learn best SEO practices.

My answer for you is twofold:
    1. The more genuine and useful unique content you can create for your sites, the better. Do not create fake SEO content, spinning or rewriting the same things over and over again.
    2. "Silo structure" or "siloing" is old bull****, just ignore it. You may be reading an old "SEO for Dummies" book or some such thing. SEO changes every year, and SEO ideas become obsolete extremely fast, siloing is just one of many.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by PhilipSEO
    Welcome to the forum! Your question seems a little confused, which suggests you are doing SEO but are not an SEO. This is fine since if you stick around you will learn best SEO practices.

My answer for you is twofold:
    1. The more genuine and useful unique content you can create for your sites, the better. Do not create fake SEO content, spinning or rewriting the same things over and over again.
    2. "Silo structure" or "siloing" is old bull****, just ignore it. You may be reading an old "SEO for Dummies" book or some such thing. SEO changes every year, and SEO ideas become obsolete extremely fast, siloing is just one of many.
    Lol Phillip you are absolutely right on both counts. I just took Bruce Clays course at SMX east and am currently reading his Seo for dummies he gave us.

I plan on reading everything in these forums. Is there anything you would suggest instead of siloing? Currently my site njtraininggrounds.com has been the top for several keywords for a couple years. I used a rel=no follow strategy to sculpt page rank that I now need to abandon just in case and was looking at what to do so I took Bruce's seminar. I can away with "use iframes and js to sculpt page rank and silo everything." Thanks for the response