1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Using PPC to improve organic search?

I have not been able to figure out a straight answer to the following question from my own testing. I was wondering how many of you have had success with this.

I recently created a handful of keyword rich landing pages to increase my company's rank on some of our second tier keywords. The pages also contain very good sales points on them.
    I am linking to them through our blog, some new articles, and occasionally social media outlets to get them crawled quicker and increase views.

Now, my question is, will using them as destination pages for relevant PPC ads help this process because they are receiving more views?

One source has told me that Google will not index pages in PPC campaign, but I don't see that from my experience. Will Google just disregard traffic from paid campaigns?

What is everyone's experience with this? I appreciate the help.
    I tried searching the archives but didn't see anything so feel free to tell me its already here and point me in the correct direction.

Thanks again,
    Chris
  3. Poker Chick
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Chris Africa
    I tried searching the archives but didn't see anything so feel free to tell me its already here and point me in the correct direction.
    Try reading/searching through posts/threads by SEOgoat - he's a PPC guy.
    Frankly, I wonder who Frank is and why he has his own adverb.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I have not been able to figure out a straight answer to the following question from my own testing. I was wondering how many of you have had success with this.

I recently created a handful of keyword rich landing pages to increase my company's rank on some of our second tier keywords. The pages also contain very good sales points on them.
    I am linking to them through our blog, some new articles, and occasionally social media outlets to get them crawled quicker and increase views.

Now, my question is, will using them as destination pages for relevant PPC ads help this process because they are receiving more views?

One source has told me that Google will not index pages in PPC campaign, but I don't see that from my experience. Will Google just disregard traffic from paid campaigns?

Thanks again,
    Chris
    Google adwords and Google organical search are seperate. They have different engineer teams. To my knowledge there is nothing a PPC campaign can do directly to up the general pws=0 ranking of the pages they link to. I think its clear from Google they mean to keep it that way.

Only thing I could see a PPC campaign tying into better ranking is for personalised search. If a page both ranks organically and acts as a landingpage for adwords, than with a paid-click user spending lots of time on the landingpage, he/she might get the organical page higher into results. I don't know for sure that PPC acts on personalisation or if it is discounted, but I dont really see a reason to discount personalisation if the source is a paid click.

Also most of your conjecture relies on the statement that:
    a page with more pageviews, will directly get a higher organical ranking.

I doubt that even is a factor, or at least an actionable one.
    Last edited by Jesus Nofollow; Mar 10th, 2010 at 01:00 PM.

Following these recommendations should increase the likelihood that your site will show up consistently in the search results.
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Guy
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I've never seen increased SEO results from buying loads and loads of adwords, or Yahoo PPC. I think this PAID traffic does not affect the algorithm at all in any way from anything I've ever seen. At my height I was buying $20k a month in traffic too, so that's pretty conclusive in my mind.
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks again,
    Chris

Keep figuring this part our for yourself. there are things that google wants you to know about and things they don't. When you figuresomething out that they don't want you to know about but don't mind if you do it. do it and keep it to yourself.

the more you talk about it the less it works. Google would never want to give the impression to any searchers that you can pay to affect "natural" ratings.

Everything may be going paid anyway, but until then, test, test, test.

if you do want to share with me on this privately let me know.

Peace.