1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Using Google Plus to promote a site? Which account to promote?

Hi,
    I write a food blog and it's been doing quite well. I'm happy with 25k unique visits a month.

However, I haven't been using Google Plus at all. I hear that Google plus can help with search engine rankings.

I signed up for a google plus "personal account" and have linked it to my blog. This leads to an additional "website account."

So now I have two google plus accounts. Yes, they are linked, but the friends/circles and stuff are different. Essentially they are two different accounts.

My question is this: which google plus account should I focus on building? It seems obnoxiously redundant to post everything twice.

Any ideas?

John
  3. Contributing User

Better concentrate on link building. Google likes "socializing" but no more. I've tried to promote my site via social networks but they gave me extremely low traffic. But maybe it concerns only my site's specifics?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by seohuntanalytic
    Better concentrate on link building. Google likes "socializing" but no more. I've tried to promote my site via social networks but they gave me extremely low traffic. But maybe it concerns only my site's specifics?
    Why do you think that Google likes social media, but does not give benefit for SEO as a indicator?
  7. Contributing User

Maybe this concerns only my niche but promotion of sites via social networks will be effective not always and for certain niches.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I believe Google in fact takes social signals into consideration no matter your niche, any Additional Comments or thoughts on that?
  11. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

@OP, you can use any account you feel comfortable. If I was you, I would consider targeted audience. you can use the one that has more relevant members.

Google considers social data (especially Google+) in ranking. Google webmaster reports Google+ link. AND for few of my domains, tweets are showing in Google index. so it's worth investing on Social media optimization.
    Lead, follow or leave the way...