#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Use keyword as anchor text


    If I leave my site URL on another page for a link back, is it better to use my keyword that I am using to rank my site as the "anchor text"? For example, my site is http://kmkwebdevelopment.com and the keyword I want to rank for is Niagara Web Design. So, should I do this:
    Code:
    <a href="http://kmkwebdevelopment.com">Niagara Web Design</a>
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    79
    Rep Power
    12
    Yes, it works best if you get such a link back in a quality and relevant site with little out bound links.
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for the reply. That makes sense.
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by seocountrycom
    Yes, it works best if you get such a link back in a quality and relevant site with little out bound links.
    i can't agree more!
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Great information thanks for share it.
  10. #6
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    13
    If you have keyword in the anchor text in a link from another site, this is regarded as getting a vote from that site not only about your site in general, but also about the keyword in particular.
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by seo Shruti
    If you have keyword in the anchor text in a link from another site, this is regarded as getting a vote from that site not only about your site in general, but also about the keyword in particular.
    so, keyword as anchor text are not so good action, right? when you choose a generic keyword, like "domain registration" as your anchor text, all domain registration providers will get something from it, not only one provider, am i right?
  14. #8
  15. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    India
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    13

    Smile


    Originally Posted by Todayisp
    so, keyword as anchor text are not so good action, right? when you choose a generic keyword, like "domain registration" as your anchor text, all domain registration providers will get something from it, not only one provider, am i right?
    Sorry Todayisp. I thought you have taken it in another sense then what I want to say or It would be I was not able to convey it properly. My concern with "this is regarded as getting a vote from that site not only about your site in general, but also about the keyword in particular." is that you not only get a backlink but a special concern of having that link with a keyword which is more good than having a direct link with domain name. I hope you understand my point.
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,834
    Rep Power
    426
    Yes but, research five or six different anchor text using keyword tools, and use 'one at a time'. NEVER keep using the same one over and over.

    If it's a new site it's good to build links using only the url over and over. Because using anchor text over and over on a new site tends to spell manipulation to Google. Banners can also be used.

    The key is moderation here. But using moderation with anchors that matter, is your key to success.
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    75
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by Mr.Canuck
    If I leave my site URL on another page for a link back, is it better to use my keyword that I am using to rank my site as the "anchor text"? For example, my site is http://kmkwebdevelopment.com and the keyword I want to rank for is Niagara Web Design. So, should I do this:
    Code:
    <a href="http://kmkwebdevelopment.com">Niagara Web Design</a>
    Yes it is a very fine move to do that to improve your results.

Similar Threads

  1. Keyword or "Key Word"?
    By x2ski in forum Keyword Research
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 10th, 2007, 12:39 AM
  2. Putting site in a frame-set to improve ranking
    By Per in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jul 4th, 2006, 07:40 AM
  3. Possible Keyword Density Penalty?
    By AaronL in forum Keyword Research
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Oct 22nd, 2005, 03:54 AM
  4. Free Adwords keyword tool
    By knubbi in forum Google Adwords
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 16th, 2004, 07:31 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo