Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

URLs are not being indexed afte redesign

Hi all,

I have a PR4 site and I basically spent the past 6 mths redeisgning the site from the grounds up. Prior to the redesign, all of my pages were indexed in Google. The URL structure has not changed at all, still the same URLs for all subpages throughout.

I checked the Google Webmaster Tools, and I have 254 Urls Submitted but 0 indexed. I tried recreating and resubmitting the sitemaps a couple of times with no luck. It's been this way for over a month now.

I checked google with site:mysite.com

It's showing me only 15 pages in Google. Basically my home url and a few subpages off the home url (like contact page, etc). All of my other subpages are no where to been seen. A bunch are seo optimized as well and ranked decently before the redesign.

Another odd thing is that I have about 20 pages actually indexed but in the Google Webmaster tools it's giving me a (-) value under the number of pages indexed.

Yahoo and Bing can see all of my subpages.

Anyone know what this can mean and any suggestions or recommendations to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    Last edited by ddzc; Jan 19th, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

One thing you need to make sure that you don't have the "nofollow" tag for your urls. Does the new site have identical urls as of the old site? page-link.htm, page-link.html and page-link.php are not the identical urls. They are totally different in the eye of Google.

If your menu structure SEO friendly? If you have a good menu navigation system, you actually don't need to submit any sitemap. Google's bot can follow your internal links and find out all the pages.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hi,

The structure is exactly the same and very seo friendly...I don't have any no following links anywhere.

Thanks
  7. learn from lurking
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

well if that's the case... it just need more quality links.. just continue building some of it.. usually works that way..
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

There can be several reasons that the URLs are not being indexed. First can be that the landing pages are not properly made, Sitemap is not proper, or the redesigning of the site.
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Try to resubmit the xml sitemap and recheck if you put nofollow attributes for URL. i think these both are the major reason to not being indexed by Google.
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Smile

Originally Posted by ddzc
    Hi all,

I have a PR4 site and I basically spent the past 6 mths redeisgning the site from the grounds up. Prior to the redesign, all of my pages were indexed in Google. The URL structure has not changed at all, still the same URLs for all subpages throughout.

I checked the Google Webmaster Tools, and I have 254 Urls Submitted but 0 indexed. I tried recreating and resubmitting the sitemaps a couple of times with no luck. It's been this way for over a month now.

I checked google with site:mysite.com

It's showing me only 15 pages in Google. Basically my home url and a few subpages off the home url (like contact page, etc). All of my other subpages are no where to been seen. A bunch are seo optimized as well and ranked decently before the redesign.

Another odd thing is that I have about 20 pages actually indexed but in the Google Webmaster tools it's giving me a (-) value under the number of pages indexed.

Yahoo and Bing can see all of my subpages.

Anyone know what this can mean and any suggestions or recommendations to resolve this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You
    You use only dofollow sites for posting and don't confuse extension of site because all are different to each other.......
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey everyone,

I'm still having the same issue where none of my subpages are indexed. I'm not entirely sure if it's related to off page SEO...I have several other sites which have absolutely no SEO on them and I have ALL of the pages indexed in google...they're obviously not ranked for that reason alone, but they're visible.

If I copy and paste any of my subpages in google, it doesn't appear. This isn't normal and I feel that continuing with this site is a waste if Google is never going to give me the chance to rank the pages by not indexing it. I'm pretty pissed off, I paid a lot for the domain and it's a good name and aged 10 years...I don't want to scrap it.

What do you all think?

Thanks
  17. Contributing User

Patience is what you need to show at this time. Your website pages will get indexed. I would recommend you to continue with your SEO activities. If you still feel there is some problem with the indexing, you could contact Google Support via Google webmaster tool informing them about the situation, I am sure they'll be in the right position to give a resolution as all the aspects you described about your website are fine.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thats a real pain! You took a risk redesigning such a successful site. I'd always recommend just starting a new one.

One other thing to check is that your htaccess file is OK. Check it with a text editor in case you have a caching tool that is blocking access or doing something odd.

If not double check robots.txt too.

Good luck. Let me know how you get on.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks for the replies...

I've had a ton of patience...but it's been this way for quite some time now...I can always try the reconsideration request..takes a while for them to review it.

It's very difficult starting with a new site...basically throws a couple years worth of work in the garbage!

This is what my .htaccess looks like...does it look ok?

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteBase /
    RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
    RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
    </IfModule>

As for robots.txt, I checked in google webmaster tools:

This is what the file looks like:

User-agent: *
    Disallow:

Status 200 - Success - Downloaded 35 minutes ago.

Thanks for the help
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Also,

Do you guys know if a google reconsideration request would be pointless in this situation where the subpages aren't indexed? Are the reconsideration requests for all pages for that specific domain?

Thanks
  25. SEO Strategist

What is your number of indexed pages prior redesign (via Site: command) and then do they have any changes on update after your redesign? Have you checked log files to see crawling and indexing activity? You also check the crawling stats via GWT as well.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Hey,

I added some pages during the redesign...so I had about 150 pages indexed prior. I'm thinking maybe it's something in the coding of those subpages causing problems? I checked GWT and there are no crawling errors, sitemaps are ok downloaded, robots isn't restricting any of the pages, everything looks perfect when I check all of the diagnostics in GWT.

I'm stumped at this point, not sure what to do.
  29. Busting SEOChat Spammers!
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Would you mind give us your url so we can take a quick look to make sure your not blocking google in any way?

If your site is not ranking still and your sure you have stuck to google guidelines you could try a reconsideration request in WMT, just in case google have done something to the site due to it completely changing all of a sudden.
    New To SEOChat? See Here & the FAQ's

"stupid people say stupid things, and smart people out smart each other!" SOAD
    301 Redirects | SEO Tools | Default htaccess | CuteRank
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: