1. No Profile Picture

Updating your pages

Hi everybody. My question is this. Im trying to get from page 1 to page 2 on one of my particular guitar brands. I understand that doing little updates can help push you up a notch. What do you advise that I do... add youtube vids? More informative text? Rewriting my content a little bit to mix it up a bit??

Any input is sure appreciated. Thanks!!

Brendan
  3. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

You want to go from page 1 to page 2?
    Are you dyslexic?
  5. No Profile Picture

Actually I am, LOL. Page 1 please

Originally Posted by Test-ok
    You want to go from page 1 to page 2?
    Are you dyslexic?
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Red face

Hi Brendan,
    If you are selling a product like guitars online, I doubt that frequent page changes are a useful or relevant SEO tactic.

I'd pay more attention to providing different pages of info for the different types of clients seeking your products. Eg:

• The different types of guitars: acoustic, 12 string, jazz, hand-made, etc., etc.
    • Then there may be brand searches...
    • Where does your location figure in importance for your target audience?

A Google search should tell you if it thinks location is an important factor.

Hope this hleps. (My bda. My dyslexic son made me say this.)
    Last edited by JohnAimit; Oct 13th, 2017 at 03:31 AM.
  9. No Profile Picture

We are more of a destination location due to the fact that 80% of our business is done on line. We have a show room in Las Vegas but location isn't a huge factor since we're carrying very high end instruments that nobody else in Vegas has.
  11. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Having looked at your site... your page with the vid's and the 1 line captions... they are not providing enough content....

I will use this 1 liner for example ....Renaissance Guitar played by Lindsey Buckingham

This brings up a search results where you are on page #2. It is to brief with the text content. .... also you are using Iframes... not the best way to do things... but sometimes you have to do what you have to do to get the info up on the page.

I would create more text content around each vid. Pretend the Vid is a picture, and treat it the same way. Meaning that the surrounding text will have a positive effect. So you could for example...

"Here is a Renaissance Guitar, one of our most popular bands that we sell. This one played by Lindsey Buckingham, sounds great. You can purchase your choice of Renaissance guitars here. "

Now I know even this is brief, it's just an off the hip suggestion, but you would link "Renaissance Guitars Here" to the appropriate page on your site. I think you get the point I am making... add more text content around each vid. You may even want to go so far as giving each brand of guitar you sell its' own vid page if it turns out well, if done correctly, I see no reason for it to seen as a doorway page.

Now if any of those vid's display folks playing the exact instrument they purchased from you... , you could capitalize on that too. I personally would love to purchase a used Fender that was strung for a left-handed player back in the sixties. I wonder how much that would be worth today. I probably couldn't afford it .. LOL
  13. No Profile Picture

Great input. Thanks!