1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Two links from same page to same page

I heard from some one that if you take two links from the contents of a same page directing to a single same page, the first will be considered by google and second will be ignored. Is it right?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Yes. Google will not count that as two back-links, just one.
    However, they *might* include that link when dividing up page rank the way they do with no-follow links. I don't know and I am not sure anyone has a definite answer.
  5. No Profile Picture

yes dear you heard right only one link will be counted
    Last edited by dzine; Jan 24th, 2013 at 09:41 AM. Reason: snip
  7. Contributing User

I do this all the time.
    I cant say much about "ranking", but google will change the page title to the other anchor text depending on the query.
  9. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    IMO, Google still only recognizes the first link to any given page from any given page.

Comments on this post

• joshz agrees
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  11. No Profile Picture

What if second link is going to another page ? Google is going to count it.

Lets forgot about seo, Anchor text links are consider as votes to another page ? All Agree ?
    If we link with same anchor text to same page then is it going to look natural ? Not at all.

Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    IMO, Google still only recognizes the first link to any given page from any given page.
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by iamseo
    What if second link is going to another page ? Google is going to count it.
    That was not the question.

Lets forgot about seo,
    Read the gigantic logo on the top of the page
    Anchor text links are consider as votes to another page ? All Agree ?
    Oh so we aren't forgetting about SEO we are talking about SEO. It would be a lot easier if you kept things strait in your head.
    There is no such thing as an 'anchor text link' It is not a recognized term. There are links. And some links have anchor text.
    Links are *generally* votes for another page, but some are discounted because of no-follow tags, repeat links on the page, etc.

If we link with same anchor text to same page then is it going to look natural ? Not at all.
    Are you on illegal drugs? If twenty people link to bobplace with bobsplace as the anchor text in looks perfectly natural. In fact if every anchor was different I would put money on them being manufactured.

Honestly, you need to read some of the stickies and previous conversions. You clearly are not a professional and you don't even know the right questions to ask.

Comments on this post

• NewDelhiSEO agrees : thoroughly enjoyed the replies.
  15. No Profile Picture

I think that's a very good question and has been in my mind for long time and i would also like to extend this question my question is if i make two links with different keywords to to different pages of a website and the source of links is the same web page will both the links get link juice.
  17. No Profile Picture

I know this but I have added because I think its required.
    Originally Posted by realityhack
    That was not the question.
    I know its seo forum, I added to justify what is natural users point of view.
    Originally Posted by realityhack
    Read the gigantic logo on the top of the page
    Oh so we aren't forgetting about SEO we are talking about SEO. It would be a lot easier if you kept things strait in your head.
    I think you should read the question before point out me. For your kind information question is "Two links from same page to same page" not twenty (people). And don't try to explain me anchor text variation.

There is no such thing as an 'anchor text link' It is not a recognized term. There are links. And some links have anchor text. Links are *generally* votes for another page, but some are discounted because of no-follow tags, repeat links on the page, etc. Are you on illegal drugs? If twenty people link to bobplace with bobsplace as the anchor text in looks perfectly natural. In fact if every anchor was different I would put money on them being manufactured.
    I don't need your suggestion on it. I have joined this for forum to learn and discuss.
    Honestly, you need to read some of the stickies and previous conversions.
    I don't care if you don't like it. I am here to learn and share my knowledge.
    You clearly are not a professional and you don't even know the right questions to ask.

Comments on this post

• joshz : You have nothing to share besides a bad know-it-all when you really dont attitude. Be gone.
    • NewDelhiSEO : if you are here to learn, empty your cup. Right now your cup is overflowing with misconceptions. Force be with you.
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

To be fair, Google most likely does not ignore the second as much as you don't get any extra juice to the page from having two links.

Would be an interesting experiment to place two+ links on a page with the same target and change the anchor text to see if ranks increase for the anchors after the first.
  21. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Dice79... Let me see.... we have over 41,000 links. Your experiment would be to change one link on a page that has two links going to the same page to see the effect on SERP
    results. Is that your proposal? Even if a page only has a couple of hundred links... what kind of change would your expect? Think about what you are saying.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thanks you all for help.
    Ok. And if two links from same page to a same page are such a kind that one link is on an image, second is on an anchored text, which link will be counted. Will it be same that first link will be counted even if it is image.
    And second thing is that if image link is counted, what text will google consider as linking with image. Will it be image title or alt tag?
  25. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by raiahsan
    ...if image link is counted, what text will google consider as linking with image. Will it be image title or alt tag?
    Google is moving slowly away from strictly using the anchor text to determine topic. I would expect the alt text of the image to be a very strong factor but even with text lings google is starting to try to look at the surrounding page for clues as to topic/relevance. If the page is about blue widgets and you put up a picture with the alt tag 'camera repair' google may or may not see that image as being relevent to camera repair, or blue widgets. It may also flag it as a likely advertisement and ignore part or all of the link 'juice' while reporting the existence of the link.
    It is a fairly strait forward attempt to reduce the influence of artificial links. If the page was about cameras, and the link said camera repair... chances are google would pick up on cameras and camera repair as topics the link was 'voting' on.

The days of strait up telling google what to think with a few words in the right tag are over. Think more from a user perspective, and build pages that are natural while including important terms. And gather links from pages (not just sites but also pages) that are relevant to your topic.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thank you Realityhack,
    your answer is great help.