1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Trying to find keywords

I am trying to find a keyword apart from gearbox as this is quite competitive and not very relevant as there are various reason someone would search for a gearbox.

We are an engineering company and i'm trying to find a variation of gearbox that has serach volume. Are gearboxes are mainly used in heavy industry applications like mining, cement and power generation, I have tried industrial gearbox but this dosen't seem to have search volume.

Is there a way to find out what a good keyword would be?? As anyone any suggestions as a way to find out good keywords??

Cheers
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

you can use overture keyword anlyse tool. you can find some good keyword.

Bill

Comments on this post

• pro_seo agrees
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

or google suggestions: adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have tried the adwords tool and that has brought up one search term of note

industrial gearboxes

It says it has low search volume but average advertiser compettion.

Roughly how many searches a year would this keyword achieve???

Cheers
  9. from the horses mouth
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by SquirrelJ
    Roughly how many searches a year would this keyword achieve???

Cheers
    Volume of searches is not the best indicator of quality of traffic.. If your target market is small then the number of search traffic is small.. this isn't a bad thing and doesn't mean you shouldn't optimise for the phrase, it is more important to get 10 relevant visitors than 10,000 non-relevant visitors
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by channel5
    it is more important to get 10 relevant visitors than 10,000 non-relevant visitors
    Depending on what you want to do with your site... Having a high number of visitors has a value of its own, at least in terms of marketing and making the headlines. Sure, relevant visitors are what you really really should aim at.

How many visitors in a low search volume? Hmm, just guesstimating: About 1-20 per day - up to 7500 visitors a year...
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have just tried keyword discovery for that term and it says it gets searched for 29 times last year. Surely that is abit low isnt it??? If googlew says it has lo search volume i'd of thought it would of had a higher figure on keyworddiscovery.Or is this tool not that accurate???
  15. Contributing User

I am trying to find a keyword apart from gearbox as this is quite competitive and not very relevant as there are various reason someone would search for a gearbox.

We are an engineering company and i'm trying to find a variation of gearbox that has serach volume. Are gearboxes are mainly used in heavy industry applications like mining, cement and power generation, I have tried industrial gearbox but this dosen't seem to have search volume.

Is there a way to find out what a good keyword would be?? As anyone any suggestions as a way to find out good keywords??

Cheers
    You can also use one day trial version of wordtraker for keyword research. it is good for keyword research
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I have just tried keyword discovery for that term and it says it gets searched for 29 times last year. Surely that is abit low isnt it??? If googlew says it has lo search volume i'd of thought it would of had a higher figure on keyworddiscovery.Or is this tool not that accurate???
    AFAIK, none of the tools/companies that track the number of searches for different phrases knows everything and they all deviate in their results. I recall that someone said that Overture is not a good measure for Google traffic. Sorry that I don't provide the reference - it was some thread in this forum not too long ago.