Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Stormfront Productions
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Top spot, but no traffic?

I have the #1 spot (finally) for my main targeted keyword. GG has over 9 million results for this and Overture shows it is searched for about 5k times per month. So why do I get only like one hit a week from this?!? Thanks in advance....
  3. L8r
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Could be your title, what's the keyword?
  5. Stormfront Productions

Well, my title has company name, plus the keyword phrase right after the company name.
  7. Contributing User

are you sure you have an accurate hit counter? Also keep in mind overture is exaggerated about 400% compared to wordtracker.
  9. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by rtheodorow
    Well, my title has company name, plus the keyword phrase right after the company name.
    Still gonna need a bit more information if you want anything other than guesses. What's your url, search term etc? Otherwise, I say its because you dont enable visitors using the gbrowser found here.
    I love SEO Chat.
  11. Stormfront Productions

URL Removed
    Last edited by rtheodorow; Jun 15th, 2005 at 10:03 AM.
  13. Mostly sane...

I just plugged that search into Wordtracker trial, and it said it expected 30 searches a day from MSN. I would guess 3 times that from Google. Thing is, I think that both Wordtracker and Overture consolidate the phrases, so while you might be top for Indiana Web Design, people might actually be searching more for Web Design Indiana, which you rank 5th for.

-Michael
    Enjoy Poetry?
    Get a Home Equity Loan or Mortgage Refinancing today!
    Potential Bad Neighborhood checker.
  15. Stormfront Productions

Originally Posted by mvandemar
    I just plugged that search into Wordtracker trial, and it said it expected 30 searches a day from MSN. I would guess 3 times that from Google. Thing is, I think that both Wordtracker and Overture consolidate the phrases, so while you might be top for Indiana Web Design, people might actually be searching more for Web Design Indiana, which you rank 5th for.

-Michael
    Actually, in Google I am #2 for "Web Design Indiana", but still I get 0 hits from that term.......
  17. L8r

I'm showing that the number of searches is less than 2000 a month (which is still fairly significant).

However, it is not a VERY competetive term, although there is some competition.

Chances are this term is probably inflated.

Somehow, my gut tells me that this term is some kind of mistake. It seems like many more people would type in something like "india web design" rather than your term.

p.s. I would obfuscate your terms above a little otherwise SEO chat could very well overtake your # 1 spot. ;)
  19. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I'm #1 for "Indiana Web Design" in Google, www.stormfrontproductions.net. I use StatCounter for the stats, and I'm guessing they are accurate. I never get any search engine traffic from the term though (well maybe 1 hit a week).
    Check your stats now, I just searched and clicked through from a couple of different IPs so you should show at least some traffic from the big G today. Also, how much traffic (if any) did you get from that term when you werent number one?
  21. L8r

Actually, in Google I am #2 for "Web Design Indiana", but still I get 0 hits from that term.......

That changes everything. There are actually zero searches for that exact term (which actually means that there are most likely searches, just not enough to count).
  23. Mostly sane...

just checked McDar's, you're bouncing between 2 and 8 for the second phrase, which might actually explain it. Maybe for the keyword that people are searching for, for many of them you're still coming up #8. Wait till the update settles down (if it ever does, I'm still voting for continuous updates )

-Michael
    Last edited by mvandemar; Jun 14th, 2005 at 04:53 PM.
  25. Stormfront Productions

Originally Posted by Gr8ted3s
    I'm showing that the number of searches is less than 2000 a month (which is still fairly significant).

However, it is not a VERY competetive term, although there is some competition.

Chances are this term is probably inflated.

Somehow, my gut tells me that this term is some kind of mistake. It seems like many more people would type in something like "india web design" rather than your term.

p.s. I would obfuscate your terms above a little otherwise SEO chat could very well overtake your # 1 spot. ;)
    Where can you check how many times a term was searched for on Google? I only know of the Overture tool (which is not good reference from what I hear).
  27. Stormfront Productions

Originally Posted by Gr8ted3s
    That changes everything. There are actually zero searches for that exact term (which actually means that there are most likely searches, just not enough to count).
    Well, I don't really care about that term, just the "Indiana Web Design" term. Shouldn't I be getting at least SOME targeted traffic from that #1 spot?
  29. Contributing User

Where can you check how many times a term was searched for on Google? I only know of the Overture tool (which is not good reference from what I hear).
    You can try this: http://ecommerce.insightin.com/tools/keyword_popularity_calculator.php. Just like any other tool is not very accurate but you can get general picture. According to that tool there were 11K searches on G this month. I find it highly unlikely. Overture reports about 4K searches. If you don't have any clicks 4K sounds reasonable.
    Last edited by faremax; Jun 14th, 2005 at 04:58 PM.
    "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." -- Albert Einstein
    Travel Affiliate Program
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: