1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

TLD or ccTLD? Confused which to Choose

Hi Guys i am a bit confused between choosing TLD(top level domain) or ccTLD(country code top level domain).
    My Client's running a Travel Business in Fiji . I have choose three Keywords for his Website.

• Fiji Travel
    • Fiji Vacation
    • Fiji Islands

My target countries are USA (.com) New Zealand (.co.nz) & Australia (.com.au). Now i am confused that should i buy .com domain or .com.fj domain because all my three keywords have the Country name "Fiji" in it. Google will rank us on .com.fj if i buy .com.fj domain but does it also rank on google.com.au or google.co.nz because my all keywords have country name in Keyword. Please guide me with the reason that which domain should i go for and why?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

ccTLD, in some manner, implies content targeted toward the respective country. That isn't to say a .com.fj couldn't or wouldn't rank in US, NZ or AU Google, but having a .com.fj is more saying this is FOR Fiji rather than this is ABOUT Fiji. This does not sound like what you want.

A check you can do is simply look at the Google results in the various countries for those phrases you are targeting. I did a quick search for "fiji travel" in Google.com and there are no .com.fj results. There are a few .co.uk and .au sites, but these TLDs are much bigger. I suggest going with the .com without the .fj. You may want to use .com/fj/ and put your content in the /fj/ directory if you're adamant about having the country code in the URLs.

Hope this helps.
  5. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Complete agree with at this point Adam thatis FOR Fiji rather than this is ABOUT Fiji. Thanks for your time. Hope to see you soon in near future. Cheers