Thread: Title Tag Input

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Title Tag Input

Hello, I woundered if you could take a look and provide some input on my titles. My business really has a niche market. I am found mostly through searches.

The theme I'm using is set up with faily large letter sizes in the H1 tags, so should I reduce the size so I can get more characters?

The other thing I've struggled with is commas. I read through the tread below and see it's ok to use approx. 1 comma, and that pipes are better.

Third question: Should I add company name to the titles?

Thank you.
    I was hoping to get feedback, am not able to list my site.
    Last edited by eric miller; Oct 17th, 2012 at 09:47 AM.
  3. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by 6w ranch
    Hello, I woundered if you could take a look and provide some input on my titles. My business really has a niche market. I am found mostly through searches.

The theme I'm using is set up with faily large letter sizes in the H1 tags, so should I reduce the size so I can get more characters?

The other thing I've struggled with is commas. I read through the tread below and see it's ok to use approx. 1 comma, and that pipes are better.

Third question: Should I add company name to the titles?

Thank you.
    I was hoping to get feedback, am not able to list my site.
    Yes you can post your site
    domain dot com

Use css styling to set the font size of your h tags to what works for the site. Each site is different. I suggest 1 h1 tag per page, there are exceptions to this rule. Then use some h2 and h3 tags, it really depends on your site layout as to what would be best.

Typically you will see the use of pipes more often in title tags that commas.

As for your company name in your title, there is two different schools of thought here.
    If you're going after branding, then yes use your company name in the title.
    If you're not going after branding, then use keywords instead.

Just my opinion
    Here to Help, Nothing More.....
    Good SEO isn't Cheap and Cheap SEO isn't Good !!
  5. No Profile Picture

Thank you so much! Would you mind taking a look at resolvewound.com and letting me know if it's readable enough with the pipes? I just don't want the SEO to take away from the readability. Thank you. I adjusted the title size to fit the page.
  7. Here to help
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Thank you so much! Would you mind taking a look at resolvewound.com and letting me know if it's readable enough with the pipes? I just don't want the SEO to take away from the readability. Thank you. I adjusted the title size to fit the page.
    Your use of pipes does not detract from your site. Not a bad site at all.

Keep at it...

Some advice, your pictures on the right, in the sidebar. Use other names other than filly11, 030comp, 09 and 10. Be sure and check all your pages for this. Use keyworded alt text and title text. It helps a little bit. Sometimes a little bit is all that is needed to get a little higher in the serps.

Comments on this post

• Test-ok agrees
  9. -
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

Lets be clear, pipes in your h1 etc aren't helping you at all with SEO.

You should think about a better title for your homepage.

<title>Resolve Wound Treat And Eliminate Proud Flesh And Wounds In Your Horse</title>
    What keyword searches are you targeting with this?.

Also clicking on home leads to

http://www.resolvewound.com/home-2/

It should lead to just

http://www.resolvewound.com

So without the /home-2/.. You should resolve that.
    I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught. ~Winston Churchill
  11. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I just don't want the SEO to take away from the readability.
    Make it the best for the reader. It doesn't matter if you use pipes, commas, bullets ect. on the page text. I personally think your page titles are too long.

example:
    home page title:
    Resolve Wound Treat And Eliminate Proud Flesh And Wounds In Your Horse

would be better served:
    Resolve Wound Treatment, Eliminate Proud Flesh for Horse
  13. No Profile Picture

Thanks

[QUOTE=DarrenHaye]Lets be clear, pipes in your h1 etc aren't helping you at all with SEO.

You should think about a better title for your homepage.

Thanks, I'm not sure how that home2 happened, but it's annoying, as I have to change two pages.

Thank you so much. Most searches include "proud flesh in horses/horse". They make type "how to get rid of proud flesh in horses", "how to remove proud flesh", "how to treat proud flesh", etc.

Cut, & wound searches are close behind proud flesh (with horse/horses also in search).

The other thing I have to be careful of is I cannot post treat, cure, heal or remedy due to the FDA.

Other popular searches include how to treat serious cut, wire, etc. It's people searching what's wrong with their horse, and proud flesh is the number one problem in leg injuries, so that's why I emphasize it so much.

I've changed it so many times, but I'm open to ideas. Yeah, I also think the titles are a bit too long. I was trying to cram information vs making it look good, so I prob. need to balance that better.

Thank you!
    Last edited by 6w ranch; Oct 17th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
  15. No Profile Picture

I was trolled the last two days by the FD@(you know what). At first I couldn't figure out why, and I started to type in H1 WATCHING YOU WATCHING ME! lol, but decided to leave that alone and put in a disclaimer instead. I've also tried to take out heal, healing, cure, etc. I'm not sure about treat. They've left me alone today.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Founder, SEOChat.com :)
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

Interesting niche... welcome to SEO Chat.

First thing I notice is that you would be well served with more content on the site... an "about us" page would be nice, maybe a "how it works" if that's appropriate.

I don't think the pipes in the titles and h1's are serving you well. 1 would be ok but you have quite a few, especially in the h1.
    Darrin J. Ward, the Founder of SEO Chat (this site
    FREE CHAT BOX FOR YOUR SITE OR BLOG
  19. No Profile Picture

Thank you! I've cleaned things up some more. At first my titles were good, then I started over thinking H1 BS, and they got choppy, so I'm back to readable titles.

Does Adwords help in page rankings? I'm just wondering when, I'll be found in proud flesh, horse, cut, etc. searches. Right now, I'm only found in Resolve Wound searches, although my youtube videos do appear in many search inquiries.

I think the business will do well if I can get in search results. Adwords is working.
  21. No Profile Picture

The light bulb came on! I think I finally get it, now! Finally figured out how to use titles. I was never good with outlines in school. haha

Would you please take one more look and tell me if I should remove ? marks? resolvewound.com Thank you for all your help!!!!
  23. No Profile Picture

I could use some input on the 4th h3 title (Resolve Wound Benefits) I don't think that's a good title.