1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

These terms only appear in links pointing to this page

Can't quite grasp the meaning of this maybe someone here can help me out with this...

I did a search for "links". Went to the first page and looked at the cached version. This is what the cached version says...
    "These terms only appear in links pointing to this page: links"

The keyword (links) does not appear on the page, in the url, the heading tag, or anywhere else. Just in the back links. Doesn't that say something drastic? It seems to me that google already knows what the page is about before it even gets to the site.

So, it seems to me, you don't even need the keywords on your site. All you need to do is get people to link to you using your keyword(s). It sure seems, that alone, is what gives this site such a boost in the serps.

I don't know though , because some of the pages that came up for that particular search were useless. Maybe this is just a screw up and is being worked on as we speak.

Also, and this could just be me, but I swear the serps changed just a little bit in the 10 minute between checking.
  3. Contributing
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

The SERPS are always changing a bit, different center... No problem with this.
    Sometimes you can get more credits from the anchor text from a link.
    EX :
    Someone say "i'm the best"... sounds like bragging.
    People say "he's the best"... sounds like the truth.
    Google looks at it a bit like this.
  5. Modsky
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

There are many instances of this, supporting backlink strength hypothesis. Search for "forums" you will see the #2 result is delphi.com (Not a forum and does not have the word "forums" anywhere but hte backlinkns) - lord knows why - you might also want to read http://www.rustybrick.com/blog/ post - "interesting backlink note arising from stemming investigation" also http://www.seo-tests.com/google-florida-update.html Backlinks are not the enemy after this update and we are seeing more and more evidence of this. However they can be overdone just like everything else so vary your anchor text and get tons of backlinks. Also try to have different destinations within you page so that you dont make an index heavy recieving page, thats one of my thoughts as to why indeces are dropped while internals are not. All still very loosely associated but with more testing we shall see.

Cheers