Thread: Testimonials

1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Testimonials

Based on the stats i have received previously and now there is a slight difference in the page rank. Although, the only changes, as far as I remember, i have made was an adding testimonials on the pages (they did include one main keyword phrase).
    From here the question arises. Are testimonials useful for page rank, and if yes than what are the suggestions? I was unable to find any decent comments on this topic)))
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Testimonials

g_suhrie,

if they look genuine, I'm sure testimonials have a value. But not for pagerank.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Testimonials are a powerful sales tool and sales is the main objective of a website. I don't see one keyword making a big difference especially considering that rotating testimonials can add "freshness" to the page.

You should probably look elsewhere for the decline in position. The fact that you haven't made any changes does not mean that your competitors are not doing any better.

Very often we tend to look for problems within our own site and loose site of our competitors who may be working harder. In other words, maybe their site simply became better and went up pushing yours down rather than your site simply going down in rankings.

raz

Comments on this post

• gazzahk agrees : Raz how do you keep such a good brain in that skull. Why doesnt it leak out through the nose.excellent post
    #include <Cognac.h> -The only code I know How to Write!
  7. Moderator
    SEO Chat Scholar (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by g_suhrie
    Based on the stats i have received previously and now there is a slight difference in the page rank. Although, the only changes, as far as I remember, i have made was an adding testimonials on the pages (they did include one main keyword phrase).
    From here the question arises. Are testimonials useful for page rank, and if yes than what are the suggestions? I was unable to find any decent comments on this topic)))
    Well first of all you never mentioned whether the PR went down or up. Secondly PageRank changes don't mean anything besides value in buying links or selling links.

I take it from your post the PR went up. Just because you added a testimonials page doesn't mean that was the cause of the PR updating. Google updates the PR from time to time so that was probably when yours was updated and coincidental to adding that page.
    -DONíT BUY Keyword Elite V2 till you read this review- Please Digg!
    -SeoChat SEO FAQ - Read the FAQ. It may answer your question.
    -Ultimate Guide to Link Building - What you always wanted to know!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Genuine testimonials will matters. That helps to increse your sale.
  11. No Profile Picture

Thank you guys! Just reading this string i have got more information and understanding rather than searching for couple hours on different sites)))))
    SEO Chat forum forever!!!