1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Targetting 3 Different Countries

My sister has some apartments in Southern Spain, Nr Malaga . She wants me to build her a website / websites to target UK, Spain And Germany.

Would she be better with one site (if so what country domain), or would she be better with 3 sites on a .uk, .es, .de.

Also where would we be looking to promote the sites, directories etc ? ??

As I wont be charging for the sites, she may have monies for seo if anyone would want to take that on they could inbox me.
    All The Fun Of The Fair !!!
  3. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

I would go for three different sites under three different country specific domains. You would need proper links from related country websites to gain rankings - directories will not help much with keywords with competition.
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Making 3 separate sites for each language would obviously be a bit costlier to get off the ground, but would likely pay off better in the long run. Google Germany, for example, is going to treat a German-language site much better than a Spanish-language site.
  7. SEO Consultant

That's my opinion as well. Instead of having an all in one site and getting various country links to the same site, I would focus on being the king in three different country markets, rather than a dent in one large one.

Just my opinion - please welcome others though.
  9. SEO Consultant

That's my opinion as well. Instead of having an all in one site and getting various country links to the same site, I would focus on being the king in three different country markets, rather than a dent in one large one.

Just my opinion - please welcome others though.
  11. SEO Gawdess
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I would create one site, a .com, and then I would have directories for each translation. I would then create an alternate hreflang sitemap, so Google would display the correct language in the serps, dependent upon the language searched. This could give your domain more link strength than 3 different ccTDLs.

More Details about alternative hreflangs: Sitemaps: rel="alternate" hreflang="x" - Webmaster Tools Help
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thumbs up

What you think guys for the sub domain if it's gonna with that option? What you think about this?

If, Internal linking structure can be managed, that will be beneficial or can create a folder like country wise & put it on main page besides logo with tab & can land on inner or sub folder or sub domain.