Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
    #1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    13

    Sudden Lost in SERP from first 10 rankings...


    Hi all,

    Has anybody have felt significant frop in SERP from 2nd to 50 or so...I have suddenly felt a huge drop on my all serps today...

    Site was stable since 3 months also giving me good results...all the things was prooffull no duplication nothin but still a sudden SERP lost is a fascinating...
  2. #2
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    16,980
    Rep Power
    0
    Flux is common... be patient.
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    13
    Originally Posted by fathom
    Flux is common... be patient.
    YEah Agreed to you...

    but from 3 months flux is giving me headech...sometimes pages are dropping so traffick...sometimes a sudden hipe gives me smiles for days...& then a lost in SERP ...I still wait as I knw there is nothin wrong in my site....
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by jjaall99
    Hi all,

    Has anybody have felt significant frop in SERP from 2nd to 50 or so...I have suddenly felt a huge drop on my all serps today...

    Site was stable since 3 months also giving me good results...all the things was prooffull no duplication nothin but still a sudden SERP lost is a fascinating...
    I noticed a significant drop in a lot of my SERPs on Monday (1/15/07).. no recovery yet. I'm trying to figure out if other people are experiencing the same thing and if so how long it takes to bounce back (if it does at all). My site had no major changes in ~2 months then just all of the sudden dropped a ton in a lot of major SERPs. Only change was on Saturday (1/13/07) I changed the primary DNS servers.. but there was no outage so we shouldn't have been penalized. (old DNS servers are still providing A records if they are requested)
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    93
    Rep Power
    13
    Originally Posted by pufrielp
    I noticed a significant drop in a lot of my SERPs on Monday (1/15/07).. no recovery yet. I'm trying to figure out if other people are experiencing the same thing and if so how long it takes to bounce back (if it does at all). My site had no major changes in ~2 months then just all of the sudden dropped a ton in a lot of major SERPs. Only change was on Saturday (1/13/07) I changed the primary DNS servers.. but there was no outage so we shouldn't have been penalized. (old DNS servers are still providing A records if they are requested)
    have you set proper TTL & other factors...And pls b patient DNS propogation takes some time....
  10. #6
  11. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    16,980
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by jjaall99
    YEah Agreed to you...

    but from 3 months flux is giving me headech...sometimes pages are dropping so traffick...sometimes a sudden hipe gives me smiles for days...& then a lost in SERP ...I still wait as I knw there is nothin wrong in my site....
    Please note: a sudden drop in results also means sudden increases for others [the ones that displaced you]...

    A loss can merely mean that others "WANT THOSE POSITIONS JUST AS MUCH AS YOU DO" and the only thing wrong is "THEY ARE GOING MORE TO KEEP THEM".

    Be that as it may... do more, more often, working longer, harder, faster, better, make deals, take names, makes thing happen - and I am absolutely sure the other position seekers will be saying... "what the hell happen"? I was ranked really well and all of a sudden I had a significant drop... what's wrong with my site??????
  12. #7
  13. Need a Phone Card?
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    26
    Search engine results are kind of like the stock market... someone can come in a do a massive SEO blitz and rise up really high and then a week later his site has fallen way down. Just like the stock market consitency and continuous work will keep you at the top. You may see a few ups and downs but nothing extreme.
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Yes, TTL values were set low (3600 sec) and the old DNS servers are still active so any clients that may be still using the old DNS servers would still be reaching the site without a problem.

    My only hope is that the Google dance is on and we will come back up after a week or two..

    Originally Posted by jjaall99
    have you set proper TTL & other factors...And pls b patient DNS propogation takes some time....
  16. #9
  17. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    47
    Originally Posted by pufrielp
    I noticed a significant drop in a lot of my SERPs on Monday (1/15/07).. no recovery yet. I'm trying to figure out if other people are experiencing the same thing and if so how long it takes to bounce back (if it does at all). My site had no major changes in ~2 months then just all of the sudden dropped a ton in a lot of major SERPs. Only change was on Saturday (1/13/07) I changed the primary DNS servers.. but there was no outage so we shouldn't have been penalized. (old DNS servers are still providing A records if they are requested)
    I did to. Seems something happened on the 15th. 3 websites of mine, all themed, suddenly fell way down in the serps. They were interlinked all with the same
    whois info... only guessing here and cant think of anything else. no black hat stuff but index pages still ranking for anchor text keywords. Where i had 3 sites ranking in the top 15 for a keyword phrase now have only one. i am seeing the same for other keyword searches, its as if google now sees them as being from the same website.....strange
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    The website I run (hostelz.com) has been slowly gaining Google ranking for 5 years now, but two days ago Google dropped it completely from most search results. It's mostly an information source kind of site, so it doesn't make enough per visitor to pay for ads if I lose the free Google traffic. I'm trying not to panic, so someone tell me this is just a temporary glitch...
  20. #11
  21. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    144
    Rep Power
    47
    Originally Posted by orrd
    The website I run (hostelz.com) has been slowly gaining Google ranking for 5 years now, but two days ago Google dropped it completely from most search results. It's mostly an information source kind of site, so it doesn't make enough per visitor to pay for ads if I lose the free Google traffic. I'm trying not to panic, so someone tell me this is just a temporary glitch...
    Something has happened. A friend has rang me about the same thing. it cant be a big algo change or everyone would be talking about it. maybe a moderator needs to move this thread. A new topic maybe.. 'what happened on and after the 15th" My sites are PR6 6 5... no blackhat but were interlinked...
  22. #12
  23. Roll the dice.. and live
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,569
    Rep Power
    2494
    There appears to have been quite a large de-indexing of link pages. If your link juice was comming from these pages (recips) that were de-indexed i would guess that could be your problem.

    Check wether your link partners link pages are still indexed by google.
    Live the moment
  24. #13
  25. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0
    I don't know about oldmanrunner, but in my case I have hundreds of links from all kinds of of legitimate websites (including the Yahoo directory, CNN, nytimes.com, libraries, schools, etc.)... no link farms or anything intended just to increase Google rank. I don't own dozens of spammy sites, just one great website, a real information resource. It took me years to reach this point, and I've never seen anything like this happen before with Google with this site. Maybe it'll show up again in a day or two, who knows. But meanwhile, I'm worried since Google means everything.
  26. #14
  27. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    My website tanked in Google SERP since Jan 15 as well. The only reason I can think of is lots of site-wide text links purchased one month ago from related or unrelated authority sites. These links have almost identical anchor text. These facts might have triggered BLOOP (back link over optimization penalty) filter. Has anyone experienced this before? How long can the website recover from this penalty?
  28. #15
  29. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    16,980
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by alphazeros
    My website tanked in Google SERP since Jan 15 as well. The only reason I can think of is lots of site-wide text links purchased one month ago from related or unrelated authority sites. These links have almost identical anchor text. These facts might have triggered BLOOP (back link over optimization penalty) filter. Has anyone experienced this before? How long can the website recover from this penalty?
    What were ranks like before you went on a link buying spree.

    Is it possible that your ranks dropped back to pre-link buy days?
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

Similar Threads

  1. What wrong with Google Rankings??????
    By googledon in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Mar 8th, 2006, 11:13 AM
  2. Does Adsense Affect Serp Position?
    By JoeBob in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Nov 30th, 2005, 02:37 AM
  3. How fast does google change serp rankings?
    By dakman in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Oct 23rd, 2005, 12:20 PM
  4. SERP Changing Part 2
    By JayYayAD in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Sep 29th, 2003, 04:11 PM
  5. PR7 but my rankings suck!
    By seo_with_moobs in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Sep 8th, 2003, 01:34 AM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo