1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Strange Problem in Description and Keywords Tags

Hello All,
    Recently I got a site for optimization. Some one before me worked on it. While I was reviewing the whole site, I found a strange problem in some internal pages. The problem is, in few pages the description and keywords tags were used 9 times. Means, 9 description and keywords tags are there. I saw this thing first time. I know that the description and keywords tags are not very important now a days,still out of curiosity I am posting these Thread .Any one over here hard this kind of thing before? Or any one has any idea about this? If any one has any opinion about this please do let me know.
    Regards
    new_seo
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

I have never heard of any reason for using tags several times on the same page - except for in an SEO joke. So, if it does not take too much effort, remove the superflous elements. That gives you a cleaner site with less code. Probably it does not change a lot, but I think you should get the basics done properly before you start the fight for good positions in the SERPs.

Comments on this post

• lovekills_s agrees : this man has got potential.. real potential :)
  5. No Profile Picture
    ABS
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by new_seo
    Hello All,
    Recently I got a site for optimization. Some one before me worked on it. While I was reviewing the whole site, I found a strange problem in some internal pages. The problem is, in few pages the description and keywords tags were used 9 times. Means, 9 description and keywords tags are there. I saw this thing first time. I know that the description and keywords tags are not very important now a days,still out of curiosity I am posting these Thread .Any one over here hard this kind of thing before? Or any one has any idea about this? If any one has any opinion about this please do let me know.
    Regards
    new_seo

Never heard this before and you didn't mention the exact problem which you are facing due to this.Is it in the supplemental index or any thing else?? Are these internal pages ranking well or used to??
  7. Contributing User

Originally Posted by Chris42
    I have never heard of any reason for using tags several times on the same page - except for in an SEO joke. So, if it does not take too much effort, remove the superflous elements. That gives you a cleaner site with less code. Probably it does not change a lot, but I think you should get the basics done properly before you start the fight for good positions in the SERPs.
    I also never hard about this kind f things before,it's really shocking to me.How can a person do like this.BTW,Chris can you tell me one thing please.If some one using this kind of techniques,what kind of problems the site have to face.
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by ABS
    Never heard this before and you didn't mention the exact problem which you are facing due to this.Is it in the supplemental index or any thing else?? Are these internal pages ranking well or used to??
    The pages are not ranking well or not in the supplemental index.I just saw this thing and want to know that what kind of problems can rise for the site.Do you have any idea,please share.
  11. No Profile Picture
    ABS
    Contributing User

The pages are not ranking well or not in the supplemental index.I just saw this thing and want to know that what kind of problems can rise for the site.Do you have any idea,please share.
    This for the first time I heard anything like this.Obvious suggestion is use the conventional one description and one keyword tag per webpage.

But I would suggest experts to comment on this.
  13. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

It doesn't matter that those metas are there in the first place it isn't going to matter that it is there 9 times either - delete and move on. Sounds like a feeble attempt at keyword spamming.
    Keyword Meta Questions Answered
    HTAccess Redirects

Adversity is a spice when added to life makes the dish more interesting.

A magic marker is a SEO's "Easy Button".
  15. Contributing User

Originally Posted by ABS
    This for the first time I heard anything like this.Obvious suggestion is use the conventional one description and one keyword tag per webpage.

But I would suggest experts to comment on this.
    I already removed all those extra tags.I just want to know what other think abut this.Means,what kind of problem can be rise due t this strange optimization.
  17. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Hello All,
    Regards
    new_seo
    Obviously they were attempting to increase the pages keyword density... a futile effort but when you "don't have a clue" I suppose it would seem like "better" than doing nothing.

Delete them.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

[...]BTW,Chris can you tell me one thing please.If some one using this kind of techniques,what kind of problems the site have to face.
    Having the extra metas does not cause much of a problem by itself, but the fact that *someone* put them their makes me wonder what other things he/she might have done to the site. Maybe you'll want to start checking whether the pages validate against the W3C standards (http:// validator.w3.org)
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I already removed all those extra tags.I just want to know what other think abut this.Means,what kind of problem can be rise due t this strange optimization.
    Hi new-seo! Very strange post i would say. but neverthless, we get to know some more on Tags.Tags are of no use now, dont be bothered about this. stick to the basics of SEO and start right from those basics. As keyword tags are no more considered by major search engines now, i beleive that existence or no-existence of it will never really matter!