#16
  1. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    14,952
    Rep Power
    1838
    Originally Posted by undercover_seo
    This is sarcasm "You should become a milkman... it suits your intellect!"

    Two insults to me at once and you never knew me? "milkman" to me is racist! I am not natively english speaking therefore I was only asking questions the best way my english understands and the context may not be correct but you welcome me with insults?

    I had not ignored you yet but this is true now!
    Listen mate... the numbers are irrelevant... the art of keyword density implies that you should use a specific amount of keywords compared to all other words and when you achieve the "perfect ratio" you rank better...

    1. what is that exact ratio?

    2. when you come up with a number please show why that is better than any other?
    NOTE: dell.com had 0% for years why did they rank better if 2.5% or 5% or some other percent is better?

    3. having keyword in title element & page title in Headers and nowhere else - is as good as any other value... and no matter how a page looks stuff with 500 keywords - it will not have any better or worse impact on ranks.

    So 75% is fine

    50% is fine

    95% is fine

    100% is fine and so is 0%

    And while you said 400 words it still makes no difference to ranks whether 0% to 100% of those words are keywords or not...

    This thread been here for almost 6 months... show me "1" noobie that went the route you are so concerned about... if you can't [and we all know you can't] ... your post is pure rhetoric and that means sarcasm equally applies.
    Last edited by fathom; Dec 7th, 2008 at 04:06 PM.
  2. #17
  3. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    14,952
    Rep Power
    1838
    Originally Posted by undercover_seo
    This Fathom person has insulted me and twisted my words for no reason.
    LOL - 500 is so different from 400? What a twist!

    The thread was about [one part] keyword density not keyword stuffing - you "twisted that to suit your argument"?

    Again a page with only

    SEO FORUM - 100% KWD as a two word phrase - is this "keyword stuffing"? NO

    As single word phrases SEO & FORUMS the KWD is 50% - is this "keyword stuffing"? NO

    but ...in your word count example of "400 words" at 25% is 100 - Is this keyword stuffing?

    But 50% to 100% is a greater percentage so what's up?

    That's why KWD is so ridiculous

    Two identical pages same word count and same KWD but one with a phrase in the title element and the other in only the body text... and the title one wins "everytime"... and whether you increase or decrease the KWD in the body text - will it ever beat the title element?

    KWD... is only an idiot factor!

    And no I didn't call you an idiot... if you think I'm talking about you... I cannot control your thoughts. Everyone that think KWD is a factor is an idiot.
  4. #18
  5. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    2293
    Keyword was, is, and will always be a factor. It was an important factor a few years back in METAs and content... is a key factor today, but not in the METAs.

    Without a subject, story, written content, i.e. use of keywords, the search engines will not devine what is relevant and what is non-relevant to any given page.

    What the difference between yesterday and today is that keywords by themselves are not relevant (keyword META)... keywords used within content, for today, are still relevant. As long as people search using keywords... that will be at least the starting point on what the search engines (Google specifically) will present in their SERPs.
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

    ...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  6. #19
  7. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    Fathom... believe it or not... is one of the most competent SEOs walking the planet today... He is a pain in the a**... but we love the old bastard.
    So competency earns one the right to insult people? I thought respect and manners on this forum were expected as per the rules. Maybe I came to the wrong place for help?
  8. #20
  9. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    2293
    Hey.... everyone has rough edges here and there. If you are that sensitive... maybe this is not the place for you. You basically chose the fight using zero strength and limited experience. Now you are pissed....?

    We all, myself included, have periodic runins with Fathom... He can be a jerk... but he is seldom wrong. I swallow my pride and deal with it. What are you going to do?
  10. #21
  11. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    14,952
    Rep Power
    1838
    Originally Posted by undercover_seo
    So competency earns one the right to insult people? I thought respect and manners on this forum were expected as per the rules. Maybe I came to the wrong place for help?
    If you can read "objectively" I said:

    You should be a milkman -- amplification - your suggested interpretation and advice on SEO topics about Keyword Density is well below the understanding of even the dumbest noobies...

    You "suggest" that noobies will stuff web pages with keywords at a rate of 50%, 75%, and even 95% based on a word count of 400... that means 200 keywords, 300 keywords, and even 380 keywords of a maximum of 400... because the opening poster suggested keyword density wasn't an important factor "at all".

    By default you suggest the opening poster is incompetent and many noobies will blindly make a web page with 400 words and 380 are repetitive keywords... because "we" incompetently advise "keyword density isn't important."

    Well... your suggestions - suggests - you don't have any common sense for SEO percentages and since milk comes only is low percentages of 0.5%, 1%, 2%, 3.25%, 10% and 18% - that seems to be more your forte.
  12. #22
  13. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    Hey.... everyone has rough edges here and there. If you are that sensitive... maybe this is not the place for you. You basically chose the fight using zero strength and limited experience. Now you are pissed....?

    We all, myself included, have periodic runins with Fathom... He can be a jerk... but he is seldom wrong. I swallow my pride and deal with it. What are you going to do?
    ???... I did not choose to fight at all. How can you say this? Where did I pick a fight? What is zero strength and limited experience? No one knows my strength or experience? Is this like playstation games? Is there a secret door with strength points? This is very cloak and dagger if so.

    I am not sensitive at all. I just won't be insulted!

    Please read at my post #49 again and tell me exactly where I picked a fight? I asked some questions only - nothing else. I got insulted on my very first visit! No fights were challenged by me. This Fathom answered something I did not even ask and everything in the wrong context. I even bolded this out!

    The fight was started by fathom - not by me. How juvenile. This is fact. Does this Fathom get points for shooting a noob? He has many badges I remember. I now have a red badge - how nice of him.

    If new customer came to your shop and was asking you questions on your products would you insult them like so? The customer would go to another shop no?

    What am I going to do? I have blocked this Fathom person already so i do not need to read his insults. Maybe I won't come back again. Who knows? Nothing of value has been learned here today for me.
  14. #23
  15. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    14,952
    Rep Power
    1838
    Originally Posted by undercover_seo
    Can noobs can take this literally and act on it?
    YUP... cause adding more keywords to a page does not increase ranks... re-phrased... if once is as good as one million... which would you "literally use"?
  16. #24
  17. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    2293
    Originally Posted by undercover_seo
    Maybe I won't come back again. Who knows? Nothing of value has been learned here today for me.
    To return or not is up to you. In reality almost all of our posts are aimed at the total readership. If we think posted information is incorrect we bring that to the attention of the total readership... which is thousands. I always write my posts with the mindset that the inquiring world is asking... not just one newbie.

    We all would like everyone to stay... but those choices are personal. FYI... I was butchered here years ago on my first visit... but I am still here. Will you be?
  18. #25
  19. SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,137
    Rep Power
    12
    I basically go to choose experience, you can create good strength using your experience.
    As for now I don't use keyword density maybe h1 in title and strong tags targeting the keywords.
  20. #26
  21. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    14,952
    Rep Power
    1838
    Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    To return or not is up to you. In reality almost all of our posts are aimed at the total readership. If we think posted information is incorrect we bring that to the attention of the total readership... which is thousands. I always write my posts with the mindset that the inquiring world is asking... not just one newbie.

    We all would like everyone to stay... but those choices are personal. FYI... I was butchered here years ago on my first visit... but I am still here. Will you be?
    I learned along time ago that for the most part "threads of discussion" lives and dies very quickly and very few members and lurkers actually see them... it's why the same question come up... again & again & again.

    For those that don't know... I tend to be very harsh on bad advice, poor thought processes and people that merely regurgitate SEO dogma without thinking about it.

    Here in this thread... this:
    Is 75% fine? Is 50% fine? Is 95% fine? What about keyword stuffing? Site with 75% in 400 words?

    Can noobs can take this literally and act on it?

    So why so many threads on here about KW stuffing? Google webmaster terms mention kw stuffing too?
    The poster chose to post without really thinking about what they were posting about [IMHO[] ... and instead of turning their brain on "about the actual discussion"... they are now more concerned about how their reputation is harm or how their feelings are hurt.

    ...and I'm more interested in the poster saying: "gee I hadn't thought of that - thanks"... or ... "fathom you didn't think of this?" and/or moving on with greater insight.

    Bottomline... if you're posting only to build your ego... you got to get back to the topic that "I believe you don't understand"... If I'm wrong... SHOW ME!

    Showing my logic is in error... is a better way to getting me to bow to your superior abilities and advance understandings.

    Comments on this post

    • undercover_seo : You never read my post or offered any advice
  22. #27
  23. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by fathom
    ...and I'm more interested in the poster saying: "gee I hadn't thought of that - thanks"... or ... "fathom you didn't think of this?" and/or moving on with greater insight.

    If I'm wrong... SHOW ME!

    Showing my logic is in error...
    1.Gee I hadn't thought of that...I didn't think I'd get insulted for asking questions. You provided no insight at all therefore you are being idiotic by your statement.

    2. Where your logic is wrong and clearly you don't have the intellect or schooling to understand logic is this... I asks several questions. ie No statements. I hoped for answers to these questions. The logic of questions is to receive answers. Childs are taught this in school.

    You never even read the post you just threw an insult because of my language difficulties.

    I unblocked you to read your stuff and you really are a jerk as seo_am says. You open your mouth throw insults, do not help and edit your posts all the time. You upset people. People leave. You are only here to collect badges.

    Reply all you wish my stressed out friend. I have joined a different forum. I got answers to my same questions straight away and this helped me. You gave no help at all. The forum loses. How many more people leave because of you?
  24. #28
  25. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Posts
    9,551
    Rep Power
    2293
    Originally Posted by undercover_seo
    ...you really are a jerk as seo_am says.
    I only say that about Fathom with tenderness, kindness, and depth of warm feelings.

    You are lucky that one member, Relaxzoolander, retired from the forums. RZ would really lay into you for being so sensitive. He, RZ, could BBQ newbies just by saying hello.
  26. #29
  27. rod@missionop.com
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens FL 33410
    Posts
    14,952
    Rep Power
    1838
    Originally Posted by undercover_seo
    You never even read the post you just threw an insult because of my language difficulties.
    hmmm... some people see only what they wish to see...

    You referenced this:

    Anything between 0-100% is fine.
    ...and posted this:

    Is 75% fine? Is 50% fine? Is 95% fine? What about keyword stuffing? Site with 75% in 400 words?

    Can noobs can take this literally and act on it?

    So why so many threads on here about KW stuffing? Google webmaster terms mention kw stuffing too?
    And I responded as:

    Ya... here's literally...

    I have a site with a single word on the page... that's 100%.

    With 3 words and single word phrases is 75%

    With 2 words and single word phrases is 50%...


    ...are you literally saying that these precentages are keyword stuffing?

    Noobies are not as stupid as you think they are... when you said "write naturally" or "write for the reader" they don't "naturally think you mean"...

    keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am... keyword I, keyword am, keyword not, keyword as, keyword stupid, keyword as, keyword you, keyword think, keyword I, keyword am...

    are they?
    And now you are implying I didn't read you post?

    Are you sure?


    I got answers to my same questions straight away and this helped me. You gave no help at all. The forum loses. How many more people leave because of you?
    That's great! I sure hope the answer was:

    Anything between 0-100% is fine.
    Because you had the answer before asking the question.
  28. #30
  29. No Profile Picture
    Registered User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Originally Posted by fathom
    hmmm... some people see only what they wish to see...

    And now you are implying I didn't read you post?
    1. Yes, you only see what you wish to see.
    2. No I'm telling you. You went back and edited your posts.

Similar Threads

  1. Basics of keywords Selection
    By rakeshbijewar in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar 27th, 2007, 01:24 AM
  2. Keyword Density Required for Title and Meta tags
    By seoraja in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Nov 7th, 2006, 04:56 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun 28th, 2006, 11:24 AM
  4. New site please need some help
    By cossie in forum Public Site Reviews
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: May 2nd, 2006, 12:57 PM
  5. Need N/A SE Rank explained
    By Ramses357 in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Jul 12th, 2005, 08:06 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo