Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Angry spam site again, how can i report?

http://www.toursturkey.com/ has a spammy default page and must be penalized, how can i report them? Or does anyone report them?

Battling with spam! Keep clean the internet...
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

these spammer sites are soo stupid. I mean if you really want to spam, then spam in a way that it's hard to find out.

for example, use CSS to have all those keywords together, but put it off screen so that visitors won't see it. Atleast your website will have a longer time period in google other than having hidden text and getting banned soon.

Thanks,

John
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

oh btw..

I reported to google..

I recommend other people to report as well please

Thanks,

John
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I agree that it is using hidden text, so should be reported.

Are you really clearing the internet from SPAM or just your competition?
  9. web designer
    SEO Chat Super Hero (2500 - 2999 posts)

i am not sure who started calling this practice spam?
    its not really spam by the definition of spam.
    [unsolicited advertising]
    its simply someone taking a chance with the system to get more attention.
    its not likes its illegal or immoral.

all the junior-google-police around here need to chill.

another side comment...
    i can never understand why a page like that just doesnt show the darn text. its not like its unrelated to their site. just make some basic paragraphs out of it and show it. no one is gonna read it so far down there anyway. so who cares.

11. Head Honcho

Yeah zoolander, I am in total agreement.

(A) Who made you all the Google police?
    (B) Don't you believe in bad karma?
    (C) Isn't there anything that you can learn from the *incredibly clean, well designed and efficient template* that this so-called "spam site" is using?

Look, these people are probably armchair SEO experts sitting around in their bathrobes spending a lot of time smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee and pulling their hair out sitting in front of their computer trying to figure out why their rankings go from 1 to 40 to 9999 to 2 in a matter of weeks, and then disappear completely.

In other words, they are not so different from you and I.

Why not spend less time trying to destroy this person/company's dreams of "SEO Mastery", and instead try and figure out why he is ranking higher than you. And then FIX IT so that you are ranking higher than him, using whatever techniques you want.

I promise, if you do this, you will be better off in the long run. And then, when Google finally DOES penalize his behaviour, your site will be much stronger than it is now, and your competition will no longer be a factor.

And, you will have less grey hairs from worrying about your competition's rankings.
  13. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

yep, just kick their .... BUTTS
  15. web designer

Lightbulb

there are 506 thread topics in the seo forums that mention the word 'spam'.

if all of these threads were in their own forum...say 'Spam Reports'.....then this new forum would be the no. 2 most popular forum behind the 'Goggle' forum [no.1]of the seo chat forums.
    no. 3 would be 'Site Reviews' at a distant 386.

maybe its time for a spin-off. :smile:
  17. Contributing User

They have to learn something about responsibility, responsibility about theirselves and even their competitors.

Look this site: http://www.webstrikesolutions.com
    They are really really good hosting company. They are hosting my friend's popular website( http://www.2enetworx.com ). They have very cheap prices and their servers are really reliable. i am also their customer by the way. But they are using spammy text in default page.
    So where is the responsibility for their nice company and their customers? if google penalize their website, their sales will go down and they will may be bankruptcy.

Overall, i have a last word: i hate spam.

And spammers must be penalized, because people have to learn something about responsibility.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Manga,

I disagree with you completely. I understand your idea about karma, but it can be very difficult to beat someone who is not playing by the same rules as you. If my site has to conform to all of the so called "rules of the game", and theirs do not, I do not feel that it is always possible to beat them. Some of these heavily keyword stuffed doorway pages with thousands of dummy domains linking to them can be nearly impossible to beat, without breaking the rules yourself. In many of these cases, if you want to avoid being subject to the possibility of getting your site banned, but want to be at the top, reporting them to the search engines is a necessary evil. Not to mention that by being at the top in some on some of these terms is so lucrative, that these people just sink more and more money into paid for links, etc. It can become nearly impossible to beat them. I suppose it depends upon the market though too.
  21. web designer

it seems to me that a person could spend every work day tracking down all violators for all possible keywords for their particular business segment and reporting them. this could easily be a full-time job.

so the question is...is your time not better spent improving your own business, products, web site, etc?

unless you can afford to hire someone to do this police task full-time...i say its better left to the pros at google. i cant believe that they are not aware of 99% of the scams going on out there to abuse their system. let us not forget...google is in this for the profit too.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Zoolander,

I agree that Google is in it for the profit too, but I do not think their bottom line is as affected by 10 spammy sites taking up the first page of results for a particular search, whereas mine often is. I also do not think that it is a full time job to keep up with these. Just report the blatant abusers of the system, and then work on your own site with the remaining 99% of your time.
  25. Head Honcho

Originally posted by relaxzoolander
    so the question is...is your time not better spent improving your own business, products, web site, etc?
    My point is not about "responsibility" or "teaching someone a lesson" - it's about time.

I already don't have enough of it. Why waste it whining about how some evil web designer is breaking imaginary rules?

Zoolander hit it right on the head here. The true reason I don't worry about spammers is that I know they will be gone soon. I have faith in the programmers at Google and all of the other search engines that they will search and destroy this crap off of the net...eventually.

It may not be tonight or tomorrow. But when it happens, and these spam sites are no longer around, I will have spent my time building an actual business and marketing real, viable products instead of spending my time making spam sites/tracking down spammers.

Where will you be?
    Take care,

... Christopher @ BeRomeo
    -----------------------------------------
    Download your Free Seduction eBook:
    http://www.BeRomeo.com
  27. Contributing User

They removed it. you can still see it through google's cache though.
  29. web designer

in the grand scheme of things...
    someone willing to overload their page with devious devices [i will not use the word 'spam' - i dont think that word is not correct] to get more traffic by fooling google...then i imagine this deviousness has corrupted other areas of their business practices...and by karma or fate or plain good consumer judgement they will not survive for very long. they will rot from within and they will die. its the law of business and the law of consumerism. so i say for the last time...they are not worthy of your time...even 1% of it.

focus on moving ahead...not looking back at the road kill.

:-D
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: