Thread: Spam Reported

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Spam Reported

Hello,

I've recently sent a spam report against a website to google,through web masters (I heard the report carried more weight if its done through webmasters). The site I reported had been using some type of software to generate new webpages based on a combinations of keywords. Does anyone know how quickly google responds to reports like this ans what the usually outcome is?

Thank you,

Dan
  3. No Profile Picture

It can take as long as 2 weeks, sometimes less, and sometimes it takes a bit longer. Let them know in the forum . try this https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/spamreport?pli=1
    FYI: Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: How to help Google identify web spam
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

I've submitted four reports over the last five years via WMT. You won't get a personal response, and the site you referenced won't get pulled aside for special attention. Your report will be used collectively along with others to help make improvements to Google's algorithm. In the past, when looking for specific examples, Matt Cutts has said to include special key words in the report, such as "thin client". So I imagine Google researches all reports with "thin client" if they are focusing on that issue at the moment. In my experience, it can take a year before an issue is addressed via the algo and you see a change. But with the exception of some very highly visible sites with blatant issues, your guy isn't going to receive personal attention. If you see a change, it will be due to an algo change, not a specific penalty.

Ed