1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Source for Expired domains for .CA

Hey guys,

Keep reading if you are not Canadians, still some good questions to answer!

However, I did noticed we had a few Canadians aboard and I thought I would ask one specific question about expired .CA domains.

I've recently been reading the awesome threads we've had on this forum about buying expired domains and thought I might try myself.

I've discovered the Cira TBR list which list all the .CA domains to be released for the week and managed to get some steals.

The only problem I found is that after a couple of week of running the newly acquired domains on Wordpress and GWT is that none of these sites seems to have backlinks according to Google Webmaster Tool.

Anyone had any chance with these domains? My current assumption is that, Google considered them deleted domain and reset their links or i'm just not patient enough!

I would have thought that I had a 72 or more grace period from the moment they are released and the moment it's reset.

Or I should just stick with auction site such as godaddy where they use a parking page which should prevent Google from deleting the existing backlink profile. (another assumption there).
    Last edited by richard_2010; Jul 4th, 2011 at 10:12 PM.
  3. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

If links remain intact, sooner or later it'll surely reflect in webmaster tool. export backlinks profile using OSE or yahoo site explorer and save them for future reference. If I pay more for expiry domain to get an advantage of domain age and backlink profile, I won't park them. I simply use them in my promotion.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Just to let you know that after 2 weeks, the links finally showed up in GWT.