1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thumbs up Solution for beating the Sandbox Effect

Iím considering opening a domain broker firm for people to buy and sell domain names that were indexed in Google before the sandbox came into effect or have gotten out of the sandbox. The domain names offered would be divided into categories such as entertainment, finance, education, misc etc. Each domain name offered for sale will include information such as current Google PR, link popularity, registeration date, etc. Minimum price for the domain names sold on the site will be $100 but sellers have full control over how much they would like to sell their domain name based on backlinks or current ranking capabilities. We would run tests to make sure that the domain names offered for sale were either indexed pre-sandbox or have gotten out.

So what do you think? Would you be interested in a service like this? I would appreciate any feedback.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by citizenhost
    Iím considering opening a domain broker firm for people to buy and sell domain names that were indexed in Google before the sandbox came into effect or have gotten out of the sandbox. The domain names offered would be divided into categories such as entertainment, finance, education, misc etc. Each domain name offered for sale will include information such as current Google PR, link popularity, registeration date, etc. Minimum price for the domain names sold on the site will be $100 but sellers have full control over how much they would like to sell their domain name based on backlinks or current ranking capabilities. We would run tests to make sure that the domain names offered for sale were either indexed pre-sandbox or have gotten out.

So what do you think? Would you be interested in a service like this? I would appreciate any feedback.
    It would be interesting until Google sees what you're doing, identifies all the domains you are selling and sandboxes them as soon as they change owners. Maybe they won't do this, but I wouldn't invest too much time or capital into the business you describe, because Google could easily take such action and that would be the end of your business (and potentially our reputation with it if people buy from you and then get penalized). That said, for $100 or $200 I'd probably buy from you and give it a try.

"Live never to be ashamed of what is written about you. Even if what is written is not true" -- Richard Bach

Yahoo Store SEO
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Still have...

to deal with links aging.

7. Contributing User

I think it's a good idea, and if I were launching a new site would certainly pay for a guaranteed non-sandboxed site.

You would probably have to make it clear to buyers that they still might not position well in SERPs because of 1) poor SEO 2) a theme change even though you are trying to minize the possibility, and 3) any link aging filters that might exist especially for aggressive campaigns.

/*tom*/
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Originally Posted by rjonesx
    to deal with links aging.
    You are right with your assumptions but some sites that were established a long time ago would already have aged links.

My web site citzien-hosting.com is the perfect example. It has 2400 total links. I'm no longer in the hosting business, but I've been trying to sell my site which is much more valuable than just a domain name. It has established good industry related links and currently ranks high in google. Sure bad on-page seo would probably drop my current rankings; however, not much effort is needed to stay at the top since my linking was top notch.
  11. Contributing User

I still think...

A well positioned 301 Redirect from an old page with PR to the new domain will do just as well.

You are right with your assumptions but some sites that were established a long time ago would already have aged links.

My web site citzien-hosting.com is the perfect example. It has 2400 total links. I'm no longer in the hosting business, but I've been trying to sell my site which is much more valuable than just a domain name. It has established good industry related links and currently ranks high in google. Sure bad on-page seo would probably drop my current rankings; however, not much effort is needed to stay at the top since my linking was top notch.
  13. au courant
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Intriguing idea, though I wouldn't purchase one myself due to fear of being penalized by the big G.