1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Software to help with google optimisation - for charity

Please read this thread - it is actually about optimisation in the end (by means of tools to aid optimisation)

I am trying to raise funds for a charity that helps street children with food, shelter and general love (something we all take for granted) around the world - http://www.railwaychildren.org.uk

Being an SEO-type of business, offering things in a fund raising way is a tad difficult, so i came up with this:

I will gladly give copies of software that I have written to anyone that makes a donation via paypal - however much you decide to donate - it can even be 10p (or cents as you USA peoples use). Nothing is too small.

The software is here: http://www.123promotion.co.uk/seo/so...-software.html

One is software that replaces head tags across a site (to save lots of time) and the other is software that replaces text across pages of a site (randomly changing words to bold or italic - or many different combinations) - both tools are for use by SEO's and knowledgable web designers. The second tool is particularly useful for SEO's.

I will allow one donation per piece of software - if you want both programs, then this will require two seperate donations - again, of whatever value you wish - nothing is too small.

Please send donations to paypal@123promotion.co.uk if you would like to help a good cause - these children need us.

I appreciate everyone who has read this post.

Thanks in advance - i will post information in full of the total donation amount from this post and full information regardings monies sent to the charity.

James Welch
    123promotion.co.uk

Some information for you:

2/$3 feeds a child in India for a week.
    5/$7 helps two children in the UK make a call to a free telephone helpline.
    15/$20 feeds a child in Siberia for one month.
    30/$50 funds a child at a platform school in India.
    100/$150 supports a street child through primary school (books, uniform, essential medicines and midday meal).
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I like your cause (and donate to help kids each month myself), but the software you offer has no value to most webmasters.

each page should have its own unique page title, meta description, and keywords tag.

placing the same tags on every page either shows that you know nothing about seo or you are willfully offering software which is of little to no value to most webmasters that will likely harm their rankings.

seo is a page by page thing. charities are cool though...
  5. Contributing User

ill explain about the software further...

the first tool is to create a 'base' head tag when you start to SEO a site. Its then a lot faster to modify each head tag as you go through the pages.

I didnt make this clear, i am sorry. It does work and it saves LOADS of time if you are SEO'ing from scratch.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

agree with awall, good cause, but the usage of your software still seems a bit unclear.. if what it does is create a "<head>" template, then that's no more time saving then copying and pasting an already developed head tag.. I'm probably completely missing the purpose of the software though.
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by 123promotion
    the other is software that replaces text across pages of a site (randomly changing words to bold or italic - or many different combinations).

How does randomly changing text properties aid in SEO?

goTalk
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

"Randomly" probalby wouldn't help.. but if the head contents are changed DYNAMICALLY to match the content on the page being displayed then that helps a lot.
  13. Contributing User

ive realised that i am completely crap at explaining how stuff works :-) .

basically - imagine that you have a website to do for a client that has not been SEO'd.....

You run this tool - takes 10 seconds and it replaces all head tags that are in all files - and also places head tags in files that dont have one at all.

For this you would enter a 'base' head tag - one that includes the basics, but also the stylesheet link if you have one - so the structure is at least correct...

Then, when you come to SEO each page, rather than create a head tag for each - copy and pasting etc, you simply change the text within. It does save time when doing it across many files.

Thats also why its only 5 if bought - just a simple tool that saves some time :-)

Its not a 'change the world' piece of software, but definately saves time for the people that use it.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Okay, makes sense now..
  17. Contributing User

Originally Posted by gotalk
    How does randomly changing text properties aid in SEO?

goTalk
    goTalk

again, my apogies for not explaining this as good as i should have..

imagine that you have a site and 'widgets' is a theme across the site....

with the software, you can do ANY kind of replacement for this word (or other words or phrases and so on)....

So for example, i wanted to change the word widgets to the word wodgets, which also is the same thing (just pretend :-) )
    i can do this across the whole site in seconds. Just like any old find and replace tool....

But the differences are these....

Its purely for SEO users, so it wont change words in the head tag, or in html tags - it only affects the body text of a document.

Try replacing 100+ popular words across a site using a normal find and replace tool without messing up the html code or changing the head tag to something that you dont want.

Its a 'safe' way to change text only in the body section of multiple pages instantly without touching the html code itself.

Also added to this is a 'chance factor'. For example - you may wish to change a common phrase to something else - if you did a f+r using any other tool, it would change x to y across a whole site - period. This software allows you to give a score of 1 - 10 of the change being made - 10 being that x is always changed to y.

For example, a site about star trek could change the phrase:
    'star trek fans' to 'trekkies' on a chance of 5/10 across the whole site.

So the phrase:

"I asked other star trek fans what they thought about the terrible costumes of series 2."

would 5 times out of 10 be changed to using the above chance factor:

"I asked other trekkies what they thought about the terrible costumes of series 2."

This doesnt affect the way that the sentence is read, its not spamming, its just a neat way to add more (relevant) keywords/key phrases to the whole of a site that would normally take you ages to do.

Also adding to this, you could change the text to bold if you wanted (some people do), or italics, or even change each mention of a phrase into a link to another page on the site - or again, give it a chance factor and it will only change it x times out of 10.

I hope i have explained it a bit better now - once again, my apologies for not doing so in the first place
    Last edited by 123promotion; Jun 7th, 2004 at 04:02 PM.
  19. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Genius (4000 - 4499 posts)

Ohh that is neat. I like how both sound. The chance find and replace tool sounds extra nice.

I'll donate some money for that
    -PK