1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Sitemap and Dynamic Content

I want to have a couple neat dynamic controls to expose my content (ajaxified), but I'm pretty sure google won't be able to use the control to get to the content :/

...so is a sitemap the way to get around that?...users can get the full experience, but a bot can just read the sitemap to get all the pages exposed under that root url?

Thanks,
    Steve
  3. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thanks for the reply, what do you mean? Isn't robots for what they can\can't access where sitemap is the dynamic page listing?
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

If I understand you correctly what you are proposing won't work. Let's just make sure:

You have mainpage.php which via ajax calls subpage1.php OR subpage2.php OR subpage3.php. Your idea is to create a sitemap.xml file that contains all four pages.

Now if Google indexes subpage1.php and it ranks then subpage1.php is exactly what visitors will be taken to after seeing it in the search results and that would look ... a bit rubbish?

How are these sub pages called - a drop down box, radio buttons. Is Ajax really necessary or could you used tabbed divs with jquery?
    Learn SEO and Online Marketing with Doodleddoes or follow me on Google+ at https://plus.google.com/+TimHillDoodled/