1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Thumbs up SiteLinks - Extended Links

Hola guys and gals, I love the Sitelinks feature (sometimes referred to as extended links) in the SERPs, in my opinion it is the optimal result for SEOs. I know early on there was a school of thought that Googlers would be averse to clicking, thinking that it was some sort of non-organic listing but I think people adapt quickly or are willing to click from the beginning. It helps that sites like Youtube get a search bar in the links, further legitimizing the process.

Obviously we don't know how to generate these (yet!) and the only tips Google has given us is that we can preference them with their Webmaster Tools.

I am collecting data on sites that earn Sitelinks, and wanted your opinion on what variables I should be considering.

So far I've started with Type of site and a description of the business/service/site, # of Sitelinks, type of navigational links on the site, flash on the site, HP text, H1-Tag, PR, In Links, Out Links, Pages indexed, Domain Age, DMOZ, and Google Maps.

What do ya'll think? What else should I be keeping my eyes peeled for? Or, what are your general feelings about Sitelinks?

Thanks!
  3. No Profile Picture
    EGOL
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

I believe that sitelinks are given to sites that have become dominant in their SERP. If you want to produce them, beat all of your competitors in that SERP to the overkill level and have a site that visitors engage.

Comments on this post

• seogoat agrees : Agreed, the dominant players, it has to be. Maybe we have to hold the position for a specific length of time.
    * "It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, it's the size of the fight in the dog." Mark Twain
    * "Free advice isn't worth much. Cheap advice is worth even less." EGOL