1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

site not showing

I am looking for a business - Ironically someone who works in SEO -

This person took money from me and then did not touch my site. She admitted yesterday she had lost the password and needed it again to get in - caused a conflict and I am looking for her site on google for reviews to see if anyone else has had this issue with her services. I can find her site but I can't see anywhere on google as to leave or read a review??? I am confused. Is it possible she disabled her google places site due to receiving bad reviews? I just don't understnand why someone working in SEO wouldn't have it listed on google?

Anyhow, just seeing if there is a way to find and read other reviews. Thanks
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Nicolalane
    I am looking for a business - Ironically someone who works in SEO -

This person took money from me and then did not touch my site. She admitted yesterday she had lost the password and needed it again to get in - caused a conflict and I am looking for her site on google for reviews to see if anyone else has had this issue with her services. I can find her site but I can't see anywhere on google as to leave or read a review??? I am confused. Is it possible she disabled her google places site due to receiving bad reviews? I just don't understnand why someone working in SEO wouldn't have it listed on google?

Anyhow, just seeing if there is a way to find and read other reviews. Thanks
    How did you find them and why did you pay them?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

I found them through a recommendation from a friend. And when she worked on my first sit although communication was slow she did a good job. I am not one to worry as long as the job I pay for gets done. So I went back to her again for another site. This was before Christmas, Christmas and New Year I got busy.. I didn't realize until I contacted her again she had not started on the site due to not having the correct login. She claims she contacted me regarding it. I do not have anything from her in regards to not being able to login. Nothing.. I asked her for emails showing her not being able to login, she blocked me via messenger and social media. I have now sent her an email that was worded by an attorney friend - she still hasn't responded.

I went to look her up online to see her google reviews but alas.. there her site is but not listed with google as I see no way of leaving her a review ... Comes down to trusting she did a good job the first time and when she didn't the second time - I asked for a refund. she denied it and demanded access to my site, called me names and blocked me. Sorry, I am no way in hell giving her access to any of my sites as the trust between us has been diminished due to her business ethics and so here we go onto the legal process.

Some people just suck - she is one of them and I learned the hard way.. paid her before the job was done.. gah.....
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

Sorry to hear about that! SEO is an industry filled with rouges.

Not sure what country you're from - but if she has admitted to not starting work, you're due a refund. In the UK the law is called "Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013".

I'd contact your bank or whoever you did the payment through.

9. SEO Since 97
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Did you try yelp?
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by Nicolalane
    I found them through a recommendation from a friend. And when she worked on my first sit although communication was slow she did a good job. I am not one to worry as long as the job I pay for gets done. So I went back to her again for another site. This was before Christmas, Christmas and New Year I got busy.. I didn't realize until I contacted her again she had not started on the site due to not having the correct login. She claims she contacted me regarding it. I do not have anything from her in regards to not being able to login. Nothing.. I asked her for emails showing her not being able to login, she blocked me via messenger and social media. I have now sent her an email that was worded by an attorney friend - she still hasn't responded.

I went to look her up online to see her google reviews but alas.. there her site is but not listed with google as I see no way of leaving her a review ... Comes down to trusting she did a good job the first time and when she didn't the second time - I asked for a refund. she denied it and demanded access to my site, called me names and blocked me. Sorry, I am no way in hell giving her access to any of my sites as the trust between us has been diminished due to her business ethics and so here we go onto the legal process.

Some people just suck - she is one of them and I learned the hard way.. paid her before the job was done.. gah.....
    Sounds rough, but at least they didn't get their hands on the website.

I'd message them with your intentions and then pursue the channels Matt suggested.
  13. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Skiller (1500 - 1999 posts)

File a complaint with the BBB. That will generate a lot of negative publicity. I am assuming this person is local in regards to your location.

I am familiar with a lot of SEO Companies in your area btw.