First of all, I HAVE gone through numerous forums including this one and did find good posts (like the sticky one from Visio in this forum) and in the past months have been applying numerous suggestions as you can read in this post, but have not been able to find the answer hence the reason starting a new thread .
My site I not banned but for months now it´s no longer showing for any of the Keywords in the first 1000 SERP´s. Allow me to “shortly” explain:
• I launched my multilingual Magento site (freshfunfashion<dot>com) (EN/FR/ES) at the end of March 2012 (NO auto-translation!)
• About 2 weeks after launch I could already find some of the keywords within the first fifty-some results of google(.es/.fr)
• Steadily building links (mainly through directories.. yes I know, maybe not the best) and the keywords started rising towards the first 20 search results in Google
• Continued on-page optimization such as creating user friendly URL´s, adding ALT texts to images and removing duplicate content from product descriptions and creating unique content
NOTE1): after reading Visio´s post (link above) the thing that attracted my attention was “4-Site Structure Disruption”. At one point, when creating the User friendly URLs I DID remove the OLD URL´s instead of using 301 redirects (only found out about this later). Could this be the reason of all the problems?
NOTE2) Should I have even more content on the pages? Could this be a reason for not ranking within the first 1000 results?
• Created and submitted 3 Sitemap.xml´s (for the three languages EN/ES/FR) in Google WM tools and created a robots.txt
Then, it must have been at the end of June 2012, when from one day to the other the keyword searches stopped showing up (at least within the first 1000 search results)! And I mean, for ALL keyword searches!
• I checked site:freshfunfashion<dot>com and the results are there so guess I´m not banned..
• I went up & down Google´s webmaster tools, corrected crawl errors, duplicate contents and tags and other errors.. all seems pretty ok now
• Keep writing blog posts (blog.freshfunfashion.com) once a month and creating directory entries
• I thought about the “Google Sandbox effect” but after waiting for months now without a position change something else must be the matter
• I thought about the Google Pinguin update at the end of April but I was then live only some 4 weeks and also after the update my ranking kept steadily growing until completely disappearing in June 2012.. is it still possible I got hit by Pinguin?
So.. I thought I had a quality site and I should at least be within the first 100 or so results for example for “T-shirt Homme” or “Pantacourt Homme” on Google.fr or “Camisestas Originales” or “Pantalones Cortos” on Google.es (just looking at all the low quality sites that come after the first 100 search results or so).
Floris // Barcelona, Spain