1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Site no longer being indexed??? No date at bottom of Listing.

In the past my website listing has always had a date at the bottom of the listing like the following:

www.com/ - 57k - Feb 3, 2004 - Cached - Similar pages

Everytime the date would change below most of the listings at goggle... the date below my site would also change...now it is like this:

www.com - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

No date next to cached...It has been over a week since there has been a date next to my listing. Does this mean my site isn't being indexed? Could it be something to due with my hosting company. I have also made some changes which has increased the size and it is still showing the old size???

Is there a code I can put at the top of my page to insure the robots at google index my page?

What is the significance of no date next to your listing?

Erich
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

No worries for now. This is normal. And one tip: those times when it seems like a really long time has gone by without seeing cache dates (not just on your own site, but everywhere), an update of some sort is probably about to happen.
  5. Contributing
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by dazzlindonna
    an update of some sort is probably about to happen.
    Yep...got deepcrawled this morning...
    Disclaimer : My posts on SEO are just from my observations and I do not say it is a true fact... A real fact of life is that, I'm often wrong...
  7. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Dazz and Joce

Thanks much for your input...if there was a deep crawl this morning, they missed me again. I still don't have a date and they haven't picked up my changes.

I have been consistantly in the top five listings for very competitive keyterm "work at home" and "work from home" for about 2 yrs now. I have a PR6 with good solid back links.

Now I'm all over the place anywhere from #8-28. Right at this particular moment, I'm #16 on www1 #26 www2 and #26 on www3.

Just an hour ago I was #8,#26,#26. This is very frustrating and scarry for me since I make my living and support my family with this website. I'm afraid I might have to go back and get a job.

Can anyone give me some peace of mind with what is going on???

Erich
  9. Contributing
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by erich17
    Thanks much for your input...if there was a deep crawl this morning, they missed me again
    The deepcrawl is not taking just a few hours (3.x billion pages)... it's on my site now, but it may have already done your site or will soon. Look at your logs.
    The fresh dates used to pop the next 12-24hrs after googlebot's visit... it's now showed like on the second day... after 48 hrs from the date displayed it then goes away.
  11. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hello Erich,

Googlebots habits have changed a lot lately. Our main site used to get spidered everyday. Now it sometimes skips a day. BUT, quite often now, googlebot only hits the main page then leaves.

Also, when the bots go deep, they do not necessarily hit the entire internet in one day. Don't panic just yet.