1. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Site and Inbounds Missing

www.seowebsitepromotion.com has settled in the engines and I am gradually adding content and getting inbounds sorted. Today? Well, no longer to be found in Google using 'site:'. I know I'm still indexed since 'website development standards' shows it visible both UK and US SERPs.

I've heard of this but never experienced the vanishing act. Is this commonplace?
  3. Contributing
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

If I do :

Code:
    site:www.seowebsitepromotion.com "www.seowebsitepromotion.com"
    I get a listing for your site.
    Disclaimer : My posts on SEO are just from my observations and I do not say it is a true fact... A real fact of life is that, I'm often wrong...
  5. Contributing User

Sorry, Jocelyn, I meant to say unless using site:. The reason I find this curious is that entering the URL for other of my sites pulls the site. Also, the number of links has plummeted to nothing from about 90 including PR5, 6, 7 and 8 inbounds.

This is likely a result of the recent round of PR updates from 24/4. I got notification from Google Alert so I can see all the inbounds (or at least the top 10 of 93).

Any thoughts?
  7. Contributing User

Aaarghh! Ignore the above. I left a bloody space in the link: and site: parameters

Still doesn't explain why I can't find the site by using the short URL. Ah well ...