#1
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Noida, India
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    15

    Site has PR but not indexed!


    Hi,

    I am optimizing a site which have PR 2 but, it is not indexed in google.
    How is it possible ?
    Throw light on this.

    Thanks
  2. #2
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    280
    Rep Power
    15
    I hope this helps: http://forums.seochat.com/t25023/s.html
  4. #3
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Noida, India
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    15
    Thanks.
    Had gone through the whole thread.
    but, doest not get the actual factor behind it.

    Needs more clarification.
  6. #4
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    16
    your website is black-listed.

    if you get a cached version of the site, then it means, that it is not banned.

    Thanks, Hasit
  8. #5
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Noida, India
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    15
    Originally Posted by hasit
    your website is black-listed.

    if you get a cached version of the site, then it means, that it is not banned.

    Thanks, Hasit
    How can u say ?
    I checked today, In some google datacenter it is cached.
  10. #6
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Leeds, England
    Posts
    487
    Rep Power
    16
    hasit - Do you work for Google Inc.? What evidence do you have that this website is blacklisted by Google?

    Webopt, is this a new website? Or if its an old site, have you had a sudden increase in pages or BL's to your domain?
  12. #7
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    2,350
    Rep Power
    56
    Originally Posted by hasit
    your website is black-listed.

    if you get a cached version of the site, then it means, that it is not banned.

    Thanks, Hasit
    Weboptimizer,
    Be weary of forum members with 15 posts telling you you've been banned, especially when their firs post was an offer to perform services fro $20/hr.

    As for your site, when you say it is not indexed, how did you determine that? Did you do a site:yourdomain.com query, or just check the cache of your home page? If you are getting results from a site: search, you ARE indexed.

    You said you are seeing cache on 1 datacenter. Thus, the site is definitely indexed there. It is clearly indexed in the datacenter feeding your toolbar as well. I doubt your banned. If you are, you'll know it very soon. The toolbar will go grey and you'll get no results from a site:yourdomain.com search.

    "Live never to be ashamed of what is written about you. Even if what is written is not true" -- Richard Bach

    Yahoo Store SEO
  14. #8
  15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    46
    Rep Power
    16
    Originally Posted by leedslad73
    hasit - Do you work for Google Inc.? What evidence do you have that this website is blacklisted by Google?

    Webopt, is this a new website? Or if its an old site, have you had a sudden increase in pages or BL's to your domain?
    i dont work with Google Inc, but if the domain has a PR, means it is at least 60 days old, also if it not showing the cached version, then it is banned. i know this as two of my websites are facing this problem. Sometimes inner pages are not black-listed, but just the homepage.

    I know this sounds strange, that a page having PR has no cached version.
  16. #9
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    2,350
    Rep Power
    56
    Originally Posted by hasit
    I dont work with Google Inc, but if the domain has a PR, means it is at least 60 days old, also if it not showing the cached version, then it is banned.
    Hogwash. I can show you dozens pf pages on sites I run that have PR and are indexed (well, they're URL is in the index, the entire page is not), but show no cache. The issue is the page has not been fully indexed yet. Google knows it's there, but hasn't indexed its content. I've had it happen with new pages and with pages that have been updated. It has nothing to do with penalties or being banned or blacklisted.
  18. #10
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    55
    Rep Power
    15
    Originally Posted by brandall
    Hogwash. I can show you dozens pf pages on sites I run that have PR and are indexed (well, they're URL is in the index, the entire page is not), but show no cache. The issue is the page has not been fully indexed yet. Google knows it's there, but hasn't indexed its content. I've had it happen with new pages and with pages that have been updated. It has nothing to do with penalties or being banned or blacklisted.
    Good info BrandALL - In your experience how long has it taken for google to fully cache and index your pages. I am going thru this exact thing with a older site that has all new pages and is completely redesigned. Any info from your past experience would be helpful. Might I be looking at months, days, hours, before google fully indexes my new pages? My homepage is a Page Rank 5 with a lot of good related incoming links. Thanks!
  20. #11
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Hero (2000 - 2499 posts)

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    2,350
    Rep Power
    56
    Originally Posted by popems10
    Good info BrandALL - In your experience how long has it taken for google to fully cache and index your pages. I am going thru this exact thing with a older site that has all new pages and is completely redesigned. Any info from your past experience would be helpful. Might I be looking at months, days, hours, before google fully indexes my new pages? My homepage is a Page Rank 5 with a lot of good related incoming links. Thanks!
    I'm watching this on one of my sites right now. In the past, it usually has been resolved in a few weeks. This time, I think the cause was duplicate title tags. The site is static HTML, but it is all dynamically generated from a database and then published. A couple weeks ago I made some changes to the database and made a mistake which caused about 100 pages to end up with the same, default title. I didn't catch the error until last week, when I noticed a lot of pages not showing in the Googles cache, and all of them were the ones with duplicate titles. The titles have been fixed. I am guessing they will be cahced once they have been reindexed.

Similar Threads

  1. Drastic Ranking Drop
    By Tiffany* in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 1241
    Last Post: May 16th, 2006, 10:24 PM
  2. Mystery #2 - Doing it right and getting it wrong!
    By oasis-k in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: Jan 3rd, 2005, 05:12 PM
  3. Google Recovery!
    By relaxzoolander in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: Mar 16th, 2004, 03:42 PM
  4. Text site alternative indexed by Google?
    By cityneil in forum Google Optimization
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb 16th, 2004, 11:19 PM

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo