Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. ;-)
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

Site banned with my links on it?

Hi,

What people experience of finding a new site with high PR and buying a advertising slot!...
    please note. not pr but advertising....

I waited a month for g to pick up the link and update the site cached pages with my links on them... then! wam site banned..

I have just requested a refund and waiting to see....

Will this hurt my serps ?

Anyone else experieced anything like this ?
  3. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

It will only hurt your serps if you had already experienced a benefit from the advertising. That benefit will now be lost, of course.

But, will Google now come after you because you advertised on this site? I have found good evidence that would suggest NO.

Yesterday I was looking into a well known BANNED BY GOOGLE link farm. I found that there were still 7070 sites (found on Google) that still linked TO this link farm as they had acquired links through it.

These sites are doing just fine.
  5. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

I'm guessing you picked a bad place to buy from.

if they ever mention, or even hint at, selling pagerank, you should avoid them. google doesn't like that.
    Get Relevant Links! Buy Links from the TextLinkBrokers!
    Building Quality SEO Blog - Editors Wanted | Free SEO Tools
  7. ;-)

It looked ok...

PR7 new site had paid loads of $$ for some high pr links and i thougth that everyone might join...
    It was a shopping directory.

bluefind got a pr7/8 with no content...

Will bluefind get banned as the Ads say $40.00 per a PR6 link???
  9. Contributing User

Are you sure the site was banned? If you do a site:www... search on Google does Google return any pages for the site?

Many "new" sites got knocked to nowhere in Google within the last 5 days. They were not banned, just zapped. The reason is still unknown.

Caryl
  11. ;-)

only one page left...

out of about hundred....

No cache for any pages !
  13. Contributing User

Does the site still show any PR?

What are the results of a link:www.... search for the site?

I'm only asking in that I have heard of others reporting similar problems (ie pages missing, etc). Google may have had a big glitch this last time around. It wouldn't be the first time! A little more than a year ago she had a major GLITCH that hurt a lot of sites. It took a while for the mess to get worked out.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

BOY DOES THIS SOUND FAMILIAR
  17. ;-)

np pr showing...

what reccomendation has anyone got ?
  19. Contributing User

Get your refund and advertize someplace else.

An ad on that site won't help at all, unless they get an abundance of traffic through means other than search engine placement.
  21. Contributing User

This last update was weird for me. I had a ton of new pages cached before the update and then after the update all my old pages no longer on the site got newer better PR and my new pages showed as not being cached. They are cached again now. It did seem like a weird update to me.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Banned

There seems to be a big discussion going on a few forums as to whether purchasing links could get you penalized. I feel that now after seeing what has happen to my own website that link purchasing can and will get you banned or penalized. Now I am sure those that are selling links will chime in and say there is no way google would...BUT as we all know google reads these forums just like all of us do and they are way smarter..maybe just a little slower at implimenting algos to fight this. Those that feel they are smarter then google would have jobs there instead of doing what they are now if they could.

The question is do we spend the money and take that chance. If you get penalized or banned form google or any other SE do you believe your Seo or Sem will refund your money..Good Luck.

Buying text links for the purpose of advertising is not something google will penalize or ban over I dont believe..BUt google is no dummy..they know who is selling and who is buying..its either a matter of time before they find it either through someone reporting you or put an algo in place to catch it.

Maybe the conculsion is google should just put a ban on the benefits of a link believed to be purchased or a website that is believe to be selling links. I know this will not be a popular statement with Link Sellers or Seo's that know of no other way to help get there clients high rankings other then through link purchases and PR selling.
  25. Contributing User

Well, isn't it all just advertising? What would the difference be between buying an add on CNN.com and buying a link on a different site? You are advertising your site either way. Why would you get penalized for that? Thoughts, opinions please!!!
  27. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Originally Posted by deathbyfire
    Well, isn't it all just advertising? What would the difference be between buying an add on CNN.com and buying a link on a different site? You are advertising your site either way. Why would you get penalized for that? Thoughts, opinions please!!!
    A lot of these links such as for an example like www.arizonatools.com what advertising purpose can it offer to a real estate website. Or a link from http://www.oaklandtribune.com/ what can it offer a real estate forum.

Google is not that stupid. They can tell the difference between advertising and manipulation of their serps

29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Well, it's funny to see that after 06 months wunderground . com , gostats .com among others are now passing PR again!

These sites have PR 09-08 and a lot of people bought links there, and year ago just placing a link in one of those sites would make you jump to the first page result! Google then blocked the PR!

I wonder why now Google will let them pass PR again.

I think Google is not given much weight to PR anymore...
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page: