1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Site appears twice in google webmaster tools.

Hello
    When I sign into Webmaster tools the same site is shown with no www and with the www I am sure this is not a good thing.

I am not sure what to do. I want to only use the address with the www but I am not sure if I should delete the non www address.

Thanks
    Peter
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by itstimetoshine
    Hello
    When I sign into Webmaster tools the same site is shown with no www and with the www I am sure this is not a good thing.

I am not sure what to do. I want to only use the address with the www but I am not sure if I should delete the non www address.

Thanks
    Peter
    I believe you might have created the two different account for www and non www. It would never show by itself. You would need to deleted any one of them , most preferred would be the non www one. You may get more detail about you preferences on which one you would like Google to index. Check out this article
  5. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Hello

Thanks
    Peter
    In addition to the above answer, you should probably inplement a canonical redirect so your "non-www" site redirects to your "www site".
    You'll find the solution beneath my sig' ("Canonical Problems... Click Here")
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume".. Egol 22nd Feb 2008
    New to SEO/SeoChat?...Click Here
    Canonical Problems?... Click Here
    Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines
  7. Cool bra. Go with Christ!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Hello

Thanks
    Peter
    In addition to the above answer, you should probably implement a canonical redirect so your "non-www" site redirects to your "www site".
    You'll find the solution beneath my sig' ("Canonical Problems... Click Here")
  9. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Both the non-www and the www sites should be listed in order to set the preferred domain under Configuration | Settings. You can't set the preferred domain unless both the non-www and the www version have been verified. It would be best to leave both.

Comments on this post

• zico82
  11. Online Business Builder
    SEO Chat Adventurer (500 - 999 posts)

It won't hurt you in anyway... Google let you select preferred domain (non www or www). But for that you will have to verified both the versions using same method. That's the reason you are seeing two websites in Google webmaster as some of your team member or your SEO have submitted the second version.