1. No Profile Picture
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Similar content in business listing (backlink) and website will affect ranking?

Hi all,

This is the first time i submitted my site to Google but Google not indexed my home page. The way i did (SEO) is similar with others website that i have done before. But the different for this website to another website is I had build 15 backlinks with similar content with my site. Is this call duplicate content and affect my ranking?

Please help.....
    Thanks!
  3. Super Moderator
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Originally Posted by iworldservices
    Hi all,

This is the first time i submitted my site to Google but Google not indexed my home page. The way i did (SEO) is similar with others website that i have done before. But the different for this website to another website is I had build 15 backlinks with similar content with my site. Is this call duplicate content and affect my ranking?

Please help.....
    Thanks!
    Hi iws,

Similar content is not duplicate content...

You say you built 15 backlinks with similar content to your site... does that mean 15 backlinks from within articles that are also on your site? (A backlink wouldn't normally include a page-full of content)
    ClickyB
    "The quality of the visitor is more important than the volume..." (Egol 22nd Feb 2008)
    [New to SEO/SeoChat?] [Canonical Problems?] [Forum Rules & Posting Guidelines]
  5. SEO Consultant
    SEO Chat High Scholar (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by ClickyB
    Hi iws,

Similar content is not duplicate content...

You say you built 15 backlinks with similar content to your site... does that mean 15 backlinks from within articles that are also on your site? (A backlink wouldn't normally include a page-full of content)
    Yes, please specify. ClickyB makes a good point but what do you mean by 'content'? Anchor text? Articles, etc?
    www.V2INTERACTIVE.net - SEO Web Design | On-Page SEO | SEO Audits & Reports | Link Building
    BASED IN ATLANTA, GA. Contact: Skype/Phone/Email (Discounted rates available for SEOChat members only - email seochat@v2interactive.net)
    Please EMAIL me at the above address and do not send Private Messages. I rarely check them and your message will be lost.
  7. Contributing User
    SEO Chat Good Citizen (1000 - 1499 posts)

even if the 2 pages are exact duplicates if they are linking back to your page it gives you the citation.