1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Explorer (0 - 99 posts)

Should I delete content after getting dumped by Mr. G' ??

If content is king why did I get dumped after adding useful keyword content to a web shop ???

Each page was layed out very fine with with the key word in the address bar (eks: www.noname.com/red_bike) a fine picture of the red bike and good useful information about red bikes with H and ALT tags and likes to other "bike" related items on the same website. But each and every keyword there was written info pages on, we have now been dumped on. I only adding a few pages a week and never more than 2 the same day as not to step on Mr. G's and list them with G's site map each and every time still got dumped

Anybody got any expirence as to delete these info pages again or just leave them and wait it out ????
  3. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    What do you mean by "dumped" were you not indexed, de-indexed, lost SERP position, penalized, or...?
    ...Never mistake activity for achievement...

...Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it....
    Benjamin Franklin
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    What do you mean by "dumped" were you not indexed, de-indexed, lost SERP position, penalized, or...?
    I was listed way down in the listing for some keywords perhaps as # 95 for some words other as # 15 but the are now all below # 10.000 when tracking with digitalpoint's tracking tool.
  7. B afraid.. B very afraid!
    SEO Chat Mastermind (5000+ posts)

Land of enchantment... deserts of the Southwest
    Without reviewing your site, it sounds like a case of being new and sandboxed or insufficient backlinks causing major flux.

If your site is new you are likely contending with the infamous Google sandbox. If so, I advise you to forget about ranking well in Google for the next while and concentrate on a good backlink campaign. To get interim traffic from Google, if your site is commercial, look into the Adwords PPC program.

If you would like to share your url, we can look deeper.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by SEO_AM
    Without reviewing your site, it sounds like a case of being new and sandboxed or insufficient backlinks causing major flux.

If your site is new you are likely contending with the infamous Google sandbox. If so, I advise you to forget about ranking well in Google for the next while and concentrate on a good backlink campaign. To get interim traffic from Google, if your site is commercial, look into the Adwords PPC program.

If you would like to share your url, we can look deeper.
    Seo_Am thanks for the fast support.

I think we are out of the sandbox by now as the site has been up for 2 years, however it was compleatly relaunched about 15 months ago.
    Perhaps we need more links. As we are deling in a niche market it is hard to find real good links with valuable content.

Here is a link for one of the listed pages we got dump on the keyword "legal size sheet protectors"

http://www.keepfiling.com/legal_size_sheet_protectors/

We are by the way already doing the Adwords program.
  11. Eating rice crackers
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Hmmmm sounds a pickle, dont doubt content because it is king, but only CONTENT CONTENT is king not ILL WRITE THIS SO GOOGLE LIKES IT CONTENT, thats not good.

If your content is well written and isnt spammy then your drop in serps is likely to result from too little or a drop of backlinks, not only that but never forget the golden rule

YOU WILL NEVER STAY IN THE SAME POSITION BECAUSE THERE ARE MILLIONS OUT THERE DOING THE SAME AS WE ARE SO YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SUBJECT TO RISE AND FALL

some days may be a large drop some days may be a large rise, just keep your content sweet, dont diversify too much on your site, a site that is themed about bicycles should never differ to much i.e. feature links to medical sites, advertise webspace, promote irrelevant content

Im sure your site will pick up in no time

I suggest reading the posts by SEO_AM , Incdeveloper and fathom and some of the other great pros in here, theres lots of useful tips they offer in different posts that will aid your site

Hope that helps

Daniel
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by danielfoley
    Hmmmm sounds a pickle, dont doubt content because it is king, but only CONTENT CONTENT is king not ILL WRITE THIS SO GOOGLE LIKES IT CONTENT, thats not good.

If your content is well written and isnt spammy then your drop in serps is likely to result from too little or a drop of backlinks, not only that but never forget the golden rule

YOU WILL NEVER STAY IN THE SAME POSITION BECAUSE THERE ARE MILLIONS OUT THERE DOING THE SAME AS WE ARE SO YOU WILL ALWAYS BE SUBJECT TO RISE AND FALL

some days may be a large drop some days may be a large rise, just keep your content sweet, dont diversify too much on your site, a site that is themed about bicycles should never differ to much i.e. feature links to medical sites, advertise webspace, promote irrelevant content

Im sure your site will pick up in no time

I suggest reading the posts by SEO_AM , Incdeveloper and fathom and some of the other great pros in here, theres lots of useful tips they offer in different posts that will aid your site

Hope that helps

Daniel

Daniel,

Thanks for the supporting words. Our area of bussiness is a niche so there are not that many sites that use that particular keyword(s). That is what supprices me when suddenly getting dumped way below site that just by chance would use the same combination of words. This after adding good content pages.

However it could be just temp. One keyword suddenly did come back up today but as # 80 so there are a long way to go and hope ahead.

15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Just to add further to my previous post if of interest to anyone.
    G has not indexed these pages oficially only true the google site map (not that those may be compleatly related when it come to ranking of a site) but it is interesting how this drop seem to happen to only these particular keywords. I have a feeling that these pages has actually been indexed just not posted officialy at G. G deffently do come by and index the site every second day or so.

Any comments -should I delete the mentioned pages or wait it out ???
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    SEO Chat Discoverer (100 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by keep
    Just to add further to my previous post if of interest to anyone.
    G has not indexed these pages oficially only true the google site map (not that those may be compleatly related when it come to ranking of a site) but it is interesting how this drop seem to happen to only these particular keywords. I have a feeling that these pages has actually been indexed just not posted officialy at G. G deffently do come by and index the site every second day or so.

Any comments -should I delete the mentioned pages or wait it out ???
    You need to wait bcoz your sitemap is not in the index and that is the only path to reach to those pages.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by helloaneesh
    You need to wait bcoz your sitemap is not in the index and that is the only path to reach to those pages.

helloaneesh - thanks for the comment.

No the site has been listed with Google Sitemaps and the txt file is read as late as on July 27 so google knows about all the pages but correctly the html site map has been droped.
    Again as mentioned G has a tendency to drop the cached + the listinged pages the days following a spinder search and initial listing of the pages with cached pages.
    Strangely it keeps older cached pages that has been deleted or changed long ago.